Skip to main content

Hills of Adelaide Road Run - June 6 & 7 2009

More
14 years 11 months ago #6803 by huppypuppy
Hi all,

For those attending the Hills Road Run, please take care and stay safe! Murray, please make sure lots of photos are taken!

Keep the shiny side up and the greasy side down,

Joe

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 11 months ago #6804 by Eddy
:'( :'( No gunna make it :(

Due to The economic downturd" the boss decided he gunna go back to driving the bus himself, so me=unemployed.

SO;- No work no pay, no pay no play ... Still gunna try to sneak down in the little clown car and catch a peek but ... ;)

Be it firearms or V8 engines, the question is not "why should you have them?"
, but "who are you to demand that I justify them?"

More
14 years 11 months ago #6805 by atkipete
Sorry to hear that Eddy, a lot of people facing the same situation. Anyhow , on the brighter side you have a lot more time to spend on the HCVC forum.

More
14 years 11 months ago #6806 by Cunning Stunt
I was just speaking with Dave Kent who was one of the organisers of the Hills run. Sounds like the guys had a great run over the weekend. 29 trucks turned up including a few from Vic and even Paddy Ward with his V12 Kenworth from Orange in NSW.

Dave said that they would like to have covered more than the 320km that they did but they had to keep pulling over to wait for an old grey Bedford ;D ;D ;D

Some play hard to get

More
14 years 11 months ago - 14 years 11 months ago #6807 by huppypuppy

I was just speaking with Dave Kent who was one of the organisers of the Hills run. Sounds like the guys had a great run over the weekend. 29 trucks turned up including a few from Vic and even Paddy Ward with his V12 Kenworth from Orange in NSW.

Dave said that they would like to have covered more than the 320km that they did but they had to keep pulling over to wait for an old grey Bedford ;D ;D ;D

Bruce,

Sounds like Dave Horne - always holding up the convoy! Only kidding, Dave - that would have made the day worthwhile!

Joe
Last edit: 14 years 11 months ago by huppypuppy.

14 years 11 months ago #6808 by
Well i,m back and it's a long way over there in a 34 Bedford at 40mph i did aproxx about 1200 miles round trip and i loved every minute of it .

The Grey Ghost did have only one problem it decided it was not going to charged the battery so was forced into leaving the trip early (Sunday) had to call the RAA on Monday for a jump start in Keith and got a jump start from a HCVC member in Beauford now in Lilydale at the Auto Sparks now waiting the good news :-? but over all great trip cant wait for the next one. Dave

More
14 years 11 months ago #6809 by huppypuppy

Well i,m back and it's a long way over there in a 34 Bedford at 40mph i did aproxx about 1200 miles round trip and i loved every minute of it .

The Grey Ghost did have only one problem it decided it was not going to charged the battery so was forced into leaving the trip early (Sunday) had to call the RAA on Monday for a jump start in Keith and got a jump start from a HCVC member in Beauford now in Lilydale at the Auto Sparks now waiting the good news :-? but over all great trip cant wait for the next one. Dave

Dave,

At least ya had fun! I'd have given me left nut to get there but work has to take priority! Next time you will all see me is the HCVC day - this year IT WILL HAPPEN - I'm still owed three weeks leave!

I am coming to meet everyone else who I didn't meet at the Golden Oldies show last year - speaking of that, saw a KW T401 (JAT401 - JA = initials of the man whose truck it is; T401 - truck model) today... he's still advertising last year's show on the rear doors of the curtainsider beer body - also time to grab a opportunity to meet Roland Sparling while he's here!!

Joe

14 years 11 months ago #6810 by
Thanks for that Joe and lets hope we see down here in Nov , its a pity that Golden Oldies Show has run its race and wont be happening again. Dave :'(

More
14 years 11 months ago #6811 by huppypuppy

Thanks for that Joe and lets hope we see down here in Nov , its a pity that Golden Oldies Show has run its race and wont be happening again. Dave :'(

I'm yet to talk to the boss, Dave!

I need to organise flights, accommodation (preferably nearby) and transfers - might organise a coach tour from Dubbo to Melbourne for a week!

Joe

More
14 years 11 months ago #6812 by GM Diesel
Good on you Deadly...gettin out there and driving it.
About the only place the ghost hasnt been is WA now :)
Graham Macintosh made here and back with the Austin A30 so the challenge is out.

Basil :D

GM Diesels - Converting diesel into noise since 1938.

Time to create page: 0.521 seconds