Skip to main content

Please read this, PDU needs help . . .

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #249762 by PDU
Hoooeee you guys are a wonderful bunch. This will be another PDU short reply made long as I endeavour to respond to each of you in turn . . . 

V8Ian: My phone seems to have been the cause of the problem AND some of the pictures I managed to download onto my computer (including the obnoxious ones I cannot seem to be able to eradicate or even find them effectively, they just pop up and scare the bejesus out of me!    This may have been the problem when I added a picture of me in a very old self propelled wheel chair that I have resurrected in my spare time (what spare time, who has spare time?) and used in our local Christmas Pageant. Everything looked fine until I hit the Submit button and got the message you saw - which reads like gobble-de-gook to me. IE  How on earth do I enable debug mode???
mammoth: Wonderful, and shows how working together we might all get to the bottom of this . . . without me having to delete anything after all.  Ah the combined brains-trust is looking better already. Again, thanks, thanks, thanks.
asw120:  Does this mean you are able to read ALL pages again?  If so wonderful, I am pleased to have you back again.
Mrsmackpaul:  Please keep trying some of the tips on here, I'd hate to lose your support as I enjoy your posts too . . . like cobbadog you can tell a great story and actually do things yourself. More power to both of you.
wee-allis:  Thanks, your comments are very heartening and I appreciate you have been a follower from way back. In particular extend my thanks to the "bride" for helping you back into the fold.
jon_d:  Great, good to hear you can read it and hopefully others can try your tip.   Perhaps you can put "deleting your cookies" and "clearing your web history" into language that us non-computer-literate peasants can attempt to follow. Like cobbadog there appear to be few Neanderthals on here, including me!  
cobbadog:  Hang in there, you're another one I would hate to lose. That's enough I'm sure you know how I feel, plus you had two extra posts above already. 

After typing all that I'm going to risk posting it without even looking back through what I've written.  IF there are no edits showing down below I will have been successful at least once in my posting history.

Feeling a lot better now. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, asw120, wee-allis

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 months 3 weeks ago - 4 months 3 weeks ago #249764 by Mrsmackpaul

I can read it.

This is the link to the 'end' page.
www.hcvc.com.au/forum/restore/18552-a-wa...r-bedford?start=1110

For those that can't see it, I suggest deleting your cookies for this site and clearing your web history.

now if I could quote properly this would make more sense as a reply

but this deal worked for me 

thank you jon_d

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
Last edit: 4 months 3 weeks ago by Gryphon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, PDU

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #249767 by overnite
Thanks to this link by jon_d I can now read it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, V8Ian, PDU

More
4 months 3 weeks ago - 4 months 3 weeks ago #249768 by PDU
Huge sigh of relief as it appears this issue can now be put to bed . . .  .
All's well that ends well.
Perhaps now I can go back to simply rambling about my Bedford once more until it is finished. THANKS.

Last edit: 4 months 3 weeks ago by PDU.
The following user(s) said Thank You: IHScout, 180wannabe, cobbadog, wee-allis, oliver1950

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #249775 by cobbadog
PDU you cant get rid of your followers that easy. Some how it will get sorted.
I still have to find out where to find n delete that cookie muncher.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
4 months 3 weeks ago - 4 months 3 weeks ago #249778 by PDU
While checking earlier today, with wife looking over my shoulder, she mumbled something about getting rid of the cookies as being easy . . . 

. . . I declined her offer to do it for me and said, "I'm going to wait for a Neanderthal's explanation thanks very much."  So let's both wait for an easy to follow explanation cobbadog

This was the picture that caused the error in the Merry Christmas topic.  Will it do it again here?      If no issues then things may really be AOK.
This was taken about five minutes prior to me putting it over on its side zig-zagging and generally lairising in the parade (no major injuries to wheelchair OR me).  
Last edit: 4 months 3 weeks ago by PDU.
The following user(s) said Thank You: IHScout, 180wannabe, cobbadog, grandad, wee-allis, Brocky45

Time to create page: 0.511 seconds