Skip to main content

A was for Austin, but now B is for Bedford

More
4 months 2 weeks ago - 4 months 2 weeks ago #249675 by PDU
These two pictures disappeared from last post, no idea why?

And repeating previous text again:   The lettering was a mock up during a break in painting, simply trying out spacing and size of letters (a wee bit big as is?). The black and white image is what I'm heading towards.
How many of you have seen an INTAVA vehicle in Australia? 

Last edit: 4 months 2 weeks ago by PDU.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, asw120, HalfaDodgeTruckMan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #249692 by PDU

How I'm feeling right now, including the fuzzies! 
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog

More
4 months 2 weeks ago - 4 months 2 weeks ago #249701 by PDU

Morris: Hoots man, that's a wee Scottish dragon and nay the Welsh lookalike, for no other reason than it just happened to be hanging in my barn behind me.  (And I'm a true blue sassenach!)

PS  Wife is a Welsh lass so we have one of them too. 

PPS  If this post works I think it will show I've got things sorted picture wise.      IT DIDN'T WORK!  Not for a third image that I added, so I'll regard that as a "sometimes working for me" situation.  
Last edit: 4 months 2 weeks ago by Gryphon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, Morris, Mrsmackpaul

More
4 months 2 weeks ago - 4 months 2 weeks ago #249703 by PDU
Apologies to the poor suffering souls who are having trouble with my post, I can only assume that it was my attempt to use my phone to post with?

Hopefully Gryphon or somebody else can clean things up and let me know what caused it to happen . . .
Another picture attempt where I have been working inside the cab to do something with the headlining:

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #249760 by Zuffen
Roller or not, I think it looks good. my car is a 5 metre car and who cares? I sure don't.

Keep at and I've enjoyed the journey.,
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, PDU

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #249763 by Mrsmackpaul
Clearly I can now see this from clicking on the link provided by whom I can't remember

But it worked

Looking fantastic and

As far as the letters go, I did read they are a mock up only but I reckon if you made them 3 D and started with the bottom further out from the turret and put a slight curve in the letter heading towards the top it would make it more round tank like in appearance

I dunno if you you can get some water proof chip board MDF type of deal as this would be no doubt easier to work with

Dunno about the link thing and clickty click type of deal

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
The following user(s) said Thank You: PDU

More
4 months 2 weeks ago - 4 months 2 weeks ago #249766 by PDU
Ah, excellent, and straight away you are doing what I was missing Mrsmackpaul, helpful suggestions and obvious thought about what is happening with B for

I'm trying to keep reasonably close to the original arrangement, not 3D (as I've seen on other petrol tankers) and my intention is moving the letters approximately two inches higher such that the top of the letter will actually curl back slightly on the beginning of the curve.

Incidentally, when I was originally working on how the roof might be created I tried some of those commonly used plastic truck guards. These looked promising but resulted in a restricted space inside. I even considered cutting them across the top to widen them, but there were issues joining them together and sealing the top, plus obtaining enough of them at a reasonable cost. Consequently these were then discarded and I made the frame as it is now (squaring things up rather than a large curve) improving headroom inside.

The overall result is not as streamlined as some of these types of tankers, particularly the squared off rear on mine with its exposed steps. But tankers varied quite a bit and other INTAVA variants I have seen are not unlike how mine is.

Thanks for your comments Paul.   NB  Anyone else who wants to chip in (when I get back into working on it again - probably next week) is welcome and you can rely on a reply from me. Cheers all and stay safe into 2024.  
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lang

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #249776 by cobbadog
Life is good again, I can continue to annoy you again

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PDU

More
4 months 1 week ago #249809 by PDU
Quiet, PDU is resting and waiting for the new year before bursting back into action. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
4 months 1 week ago - 4 months 1 week ago #249856 by PDU
Heavy steel bench (3/4" plate), clamps, two people, large shifter, heavy sledge hammer, a bit of heat, determination, and about half an hour, saw the front bumper put back into something resembling the original shape. No longer splayed out at one end (obviously hooked onto something while reversing) and with the twisted and bent end now restored on the driver's side where the big shunt once happened. 

Next will be re-welding things underneath that had split apart over the years, straightening the upper panel (only found on the O Type Bedford), painting and refitting it.  

No pictures because I'm too shagged from other jobs!
Last edit: 4 months 1 week ago by PDU.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, Lang, PaulFH, wee-allis

Time to create page: 0.598 seconds