Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, PDU

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 months 1 week ago - 3 months 1 week ago #250354 by PDU
Plan A, Plan B, Plan . . .  ?  

Whether it be 101 or 1001 jobs left to do (note to self) plan not to plan in future.

TODAY  Walked out the back door, and walked back in again.

Another failed plan (Plan 101: trial fitting of hinges for window/signs)!  

No doubt it works the same with lawn mowers or BIGger jobs Paul/cobbadog???  

Passengers side, not included yesterday as I had used my picture quota. The logo on the door is just a paper mock-up of what is going there. And In this one picture I can see 21 jobs waiting to be done. 
Last edit: 3 months 1 week ago by PDU.
The following user(s) said Thank You: IHScout, 180wannabe, cobbadog, Morris, wee-allis, HalfaDodgeTruckMan

More
3 months 1 week ago #250358 by cobbadog
Having a plan fail is how we learn quicker and better and hopefully see a bit further down the road than before. We have all had hiccups with projects, it would not be the same if it all went too easily. Major issues I walk away from until Ive had a cuppa and a good think about it and come back when I feel like comming back to it. Small ones I laugh at myself and get on with it. 
Not sure what the hinge issue was/is but you will sort it or there are so many ideas floating about some one can offer help.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, PDU

More
3 months 6 days ago - 3 months 6 days ago #250359 by PDU
Hinges no problem, I went back out there after posting to consider positioning, number of hinges, and height of hinges relative to framework and shade. Small problem solved, but cannot be counted as Job 101 completed yet - the job is actually fitting them so the shades can be hinged as and when needed. 

The corflute will not stay where it is at the moment, it will be moved inside along with some insulation. Outer skin will then be replaced with sheet metal, glued and screwed to the framework behind it. 
NB I do not expect this to happen for some time!?  

Temperature predicted here for tomorrow will be 42 degrees, so I guess if anything is going to happen it will need to be an early morning for me . . . I'll be working with Macka on the ABC. 
Last edit: 3 months 6 days ago by PDU.

More
3 months 6 days ago - 3 months 6 days ago #250362 by PDU
101 almost done, one side at least . . . 

Some angst but end result is better than adequate . . . 

Now bathed in perspiration and with a temperature of 33 degrees as I type this. I'm really pleased with the result, but the other side will have to wait until the old fart has recuperated, he's just not up to working when it warms up a little - despite having worked in 40+ temperatures in outback when younger (bloody useless pom!?). 

UPDATE: Later in the day.
Mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the midday sun . . . 

. . . and despite the temperature now at 41°C t'other side is now sorted.
Which only goes to prove that I am a true PDU!

PS  The can of West End is now being downed.  
Last edit: 3 months 6 days ago by PDU.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, Morris, Mrsmackpaul, PaulFH, wee-allis, HalfaDodgeTruckMan

More
3 months 6 days ago #250373 by asw120
So long as it fits in and out of the shed, you have no major problems!

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
3 months 5 days ago #250385 by PDU
It won't get out of the shed if I leave the top up Jarrod  

Certain amount of finessing the framework around the windows so they would fit in, but now, for the first time, I have two windows in the back section.

The shades will have to come down later for painting, gluing and screwing the sheet metal on, and also to allow additional work space while fitting the turret sheet metal.

None of this is in the foreseeable work schedule as I need to move back into the cab to sort out insulation/sound deadening and centre console (ammo box) before finalising the seat mountings.

I suppose you interstate types have been flitting about at swap meets, runs, etc, over the weekend?.

Half your luck.  
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Mrsmackpaul, asw120, wee-allis, HalfaDodgeTruckMan

More
3 months 4 days ago #250408 by Morris

It won't get out of the shed if I leave the top up Jarrod  

Certain amount of finessing the framework around the windows so they would fit in, but now, for the first time, I have two windows in the back section.

The shades will have to come down later for painting, gluing and screwing the sheet metal on, and also to allow additional work space while fitting the turret sheet metal.

None of this is in the foreseeable work schedule as I need to move back into the cab to sort out insulation/sound deadening and centre console (ammo box) before finalising the seat mountings.

I suppose you interstate types have been flitting about at swap meets, runs, etc, over the weekend?.

Half your luck.  

Yep. Ha Ha.

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lang, PDU

More
3 months 4 days ago - 3 months 4 days ago #250410 by PDU
And what irresistible purchase(s) did you chance upon Morris?

Rear section of corflute removed on driver's side, simply because it was easy to do and I didn't want to watch wife's choice of Married at first sight

Metal marked up to get it guillotined and will then attempt to pick-up the existing screw holes for a trial fit - no glue at this point as I may need to remove (several times) before committing myself (shades of measure twice, cut once)!  

Day off tomorrow - Men's Shed in the morning and Bingo in the afternoon. Roll on Wednesday . . . 
Last edit: 3 months 4 days ago by Gryphon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, Mrsmackpaul, PaulFH, wee-allis

Time to create page: 0.674 seconds