Skip to main content

How to open a particular page

More
8 years 6 months ago #162871 by Mac 57
Hello
Is there a way to go straight to a page without having to go and open up a block of pages. the old forum had a page box you could open and then pick the page you were after is this function on here?
Thanks

Cheers Mac.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
8 years 6 months ago #162872 by Swishy
MacM80

Top Left side
INDEX
U can save your link to th@ page
n everytime U roll in ........ there U R

cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
8 years 6 months ago #162905 by Mac 57
Swishy
Thanks but I may not of explained myself properly. If I go to the Index Page and open up say Restoration chat and page one comes up, at the bottom right is the page boxes from 1-7 ...103. Is there a way to go to page say 31 without having to keep working your way up 3 pages at a time? I may be missing something.

Cheers Mac.

More
8 years 6 months ago #162911 by Gryphon
Hi,

There is nothing I can turn on or off in the configuration to provide what you want to do as this appears to be controlled by the template/theme, how the Forum looks and feels, so maybe in the future if we move to something other than the default look that ability may be available.

A work around I have for you though isn't too bad. :)

1. Select any one of the numbered boxes under the thread you want, say page 3, and it will take you to page 3.
2. You will now see in the URL address at the top of your browser ends with '....?start=30'.
3. Change the '30' to the page number you want multiplied by 10 and then minus 10. i.e. Page 8 would be (8x10) - 10 = 70
4. press enter and you should arrive at your destination.

Why multiply by10 and then minus 10?
I have set it up to display 10 posts per page so if you want to start on on page 8 you need to start at posts 70 as page 1 begins on zero.

You can select something like 75 and you will still land on Page 8 but missing the first five posts.

Terry
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mac 57

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
8 years 6 months ago #162914 by Swishy
Mac
Gudday M8

RE: I may not of explained myself properly

U probly explained u're self very good
but az eye'm thik az a lump of 4x2
n me never under cunstumbled

there B 20 on a page n ifn U want page 130
130 x 20 = 2600
so on the address uptop after U look @ a cupla pages change the last numer on the address to 2600
n it should land u on 130 give or take a cuple

also wot U view on a page may go further into chamber to a new number as wen nuther 20 posts to the subject heading R added

cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mac 57

More
8 years 6 months ago #162917 by Gryphon
Hi,

I was starting to wonder what Swishy was on about with 20, instead of 10, but realised the original question was about the number of Pages displayed on a Board where as my last post was about the number of Posts in a Thread.

Same trick works though with changing the URL.

However don't select Page 1 as the number means something very different on Page 1, it is limited to rather than start, so you might blow something up if you type in 2600. :)

Terry

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #162920 by dno
Replied by dno on topic How to open a particular page
If you find a thread you want too keep up with, you can go to the bottom of the page and "subscribe"
to the thread. This will keep you updated with any new posts or replies to that thread.

Or you can add a thread to your favorites list.

Chipping away, one day at a time.
Limited Access Excavations.
Find me on Instagram, or search deankummer.com
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by dno.

Time to create page: 0.428 seconds