Skip to main content

how do people find the new forum????

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #163208 by Mrsmackpaul
not wanting to be a trouble maker but Im having a real battle trying to find my way around the new forum it just seems so hard to find anything and theres no home button or tab or what about the board tab I dunno if I didnt have time to read all the stuff posted it would just stay unread I have no idea how to do that on here
I tried to search for a thread the other day nope I couldnt manage to do that either

Am I missing something everyone else seems as happy as a pig in poo

I dunno even the avatar thingy every one else seemed to get it ok not me I must be to thick LOL resize a photo WTF does that mean ????

I must be few megabytes short in the top paddock LOL

does anybody else have trouble or is this just me ???

seeya and Im not having a winge just wondering is there others like me out there ie THICK LOL

seeya's

Paul

yeah one more thing at the top of the page it says this is for trucks and truck stories ect over 35 years of age not restored trucks and then bellow it has the restored trucks and new trucks topics is that a type'o' or have I missed more

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by Mrsmackpaul.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #163219 by Bobsboy
Hi,

Ya, it is different and not the same but we shouldn't compare old to new.
(The old one was familiar to use but technologically rooted.)

Right now at this moment I am sure the Admin Guys are quietly smiling over the fact that the whole thing didn't simply fall over all *ed bye bye gone.

Like anything new, they will learn, figure out and discover how the new platform works and what they can do to make it more betterer.

Meanwhile they got the new one up running and presumably stable (so far they hope).
Time for them to get together, kick off their boots for a while, crack a few tinnys and celebrate progress to date.

It's as much us learning to use to what we got (as we get it) as it is them learning how to build and restore the bits we want.

Anyway,
Thank Admin Guys for your time and HCVC for the money.

-b

Mucking about on the edge

More
8 years 6 months ago #163225 by clarkie383
Haha yes i had trouble doing the avatar but it was more me being blind and not the forum being difficult.
It will work out ok and im finding my way around a bit easier.
Well done and thank you guys.

More
8 years 6 months ago #163233 by Gryphon

Mrsmackpaul wrote: yeah one more thing at the top of the page it says this is for trucks and truck stories ect over 35 years of age not restored trucks and then bellow it has the restored trucks and new trucks topics is that a type'o' or have I missed more

It is gone now. It was a bit of left over text from an early test of the Forum as I tried to work out what appeared where.

Thanks,
Terry

More
8 years 6 months ago #163247 by Mrsmackpaul
yeah as I said I was havent having a winge just wondering was anyone else thick like me apparently not and good work to the fellas that done the work

I have no idea what you did but every one is happy so thats the main thing

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
8 years 6 months ago #163347 by Mairjimmy
I to am finding it harder to do things that just I found easy on the old forum, but we must not give up trying, if we keep at it we will find that in a couple of month it will be a breeze, I have just struggle with the PM bit as I found no preview there and no way of posting a photo, but there was a preview the other day when I sent a PM on my phone[ but that maybe because I am a bit like Paul a few megabytes short in the top paddock] :huh: :huh: :huh:
Colin

Time to get up andd get going.......todays bad decisions aren't going to make themselves!!!

More
8 years 6 months ago #163349 by Sarge
Mrsmackpaul.... PM sent, :blink: Things are different, it must be an age thing... like Swishy and Volvo's we like what we like and we dont like Collingwood, XXXX, Fords. :woohoo: Swish owns a Volvo and we will get used to it...

And one day I will work out how to re-do my signature....

Sarge :whistle:

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

More
8 years 6 months ago #163352 by Gryphon
Hi,

In general I am surprised how well people have accepted the change in platform and it has achieved most of the goals it was intended to do regarding the past problems, but there is still more to be done but there are only so many hours in the day.

If you have specific problems, like How to fix my Signature?, then ask them in the board and someone who has solved the problem can help you out or if it is something wrong with the software or configuration then I can sort it out. I am sure you wont be the only one having issues so other can also learn from the answers.

Some of what I read are things I would consider a problem with the software, like images in the PM's, so now I know someone is having problems I can work out how to fix it.

Terry

Time to create page: 0.479 seconds