Skip to main content

Instructions & Tutorials for Photos and Images

More
8 years 6 months ago #163639 by Gryphon
Hi,

We are still working on some issues with the function to allow you to upload your photos directly into your posts but once we have nailed what is causing the problems then some instructions will be written and it made available to people to try out.

Terry

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
8 years 6 months ago #163642 by Swishy
OK
did eye miss something

What is a :
J Gallery
Channel 40
RS Gallery

& wot duz it all mean?

Inquire n minds need 2 kno U kno

Thanx in advance

cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
8 years 6 months ago #163650 by Gryphon
Swishy,

with the amount of time you are on here I am surprised anything goes past that you don't see. :)

J Gallery and RS Gallery are both Photo Gallery/Album software that I am testing to enable this site to have galleries of Commercial vehicles which has been a feature requested of the Club site for a few years now and although not directly related to the Forum, the images can be used here via the BBcode IMG tags.

Another description I just wrote for Mairjimmy is....

Think of J Gallery as Flickr/Photo Bucket service for uploading images into an album that is specifically related to Commercial Vehicles. Unlike your Flickr service, other people can upload their photos into the albums as well and you can either upload into or create a category(or think of them as Albums) for all to share or a handful of your own Albums people can see but not upload into.

More discussion about J Gallery can be found here... www.hcvc.com.au/forum/new-forum-q-s-a-s/14940-j-gallery#163638

Channel 40 and the Private Messages link you see at the top of each forum page are the same thing and that is an Instant/Private Messages hybrid to provide the equivalent of the Personal Messages feature of the old Forum. It is not 100% ideal in my view, but until I have time to look for something better that is what we have.

Terry

• Swishy
More
8 years 6 months ago #163651 by Swishy
Thanx Terry
Jist din kno wot 'J' & 'RS' stood for
(Stihl nun the wizer LOL)
Tar
cya

More
8 years 6 months ago #163655 by Gryphon
Swishy,

The J is for Joom and RS is for Really Simple which are from the names of the businesses that wrote the software.

Channel 40 is just a name I made up.

Terry

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #163887 by geoffb

[img]Practisinghttp://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l545/geoffb6/SAM_0707_zps26ca0aa5.jpg[/img]
Can't get it

Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Gryphon.

• Swishy
More
8 years 5 months ago #163888 by Swishy
SLooon Car Browny

Me can C

Jist looks like an ol clappd out lorry

:lol:

Jist dun give up u're day job ........... Jist YET

cya

More
8 years 5 months ago #163891 by Gryphon
GeoffB,

I have corrected your BB code, the IMG and /IMG tags, in your post so if you edit it you can see what it is supposed to look like.

Some of it was you were copying the URL & /URL code which creates a Link to a picture and does noes not Display the picture which is what the IMG & /IMG tags do. A couple of your attempts look like you had copied the correct information and pasted it into the image code box as expected, however you didn't replace or delete the 'http://' that was already there so you ended up with 'Http://Http://imageshack.whatever/yourimage.jpg' and you only need one http://.

There is also a post going, www.hcvc.com.au/forum/general/14895-photo-video-upload-test , where you can practice putting up images etc. I have been using it a lot testing some new features so you just go back in and edit your earlier post.

Terry

More
8 years 5 months ago #164105 by Gryphon
Hi,

I have revised an article I wrote a few weeks ago about understanding images and photos as the first part in number that plan to explain how to play with images on the here and the internet.

www.hcvc.com.au/photos-and-images/140-wh...to-size-is-important

Let me know if you think it needs more.

Terry

More
8 years 5 months ago #164495 by Sarge
well done youse blokes, proabably not quite how Terry wanted the tutorials delivered but you got them in and done...

Thats what makes our little world go round...

Sarge :side:

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

Time to create page: 0.547 seconds