Skip to main content

Re: Posting Photos to Forum

More
8 years 4 months ago #165195 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic Re: Posting Photos to Forum
Someone was trying to find the breather on their Dodge NP435 a while back......and there it is on the output!
Backyardfixer, perhaps?

Jarrod.

Dave_64 wrote: s1371.photobucket.com/user/Dave6418/medi...zpshhnhaz9g.jpg.html

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #165196 by Dave_64
Replied by Dave_64 on topic Re: Posting Photos to Forum
Jarrod,
No, I CHEATED! That is a cast iron Dana 20 OUTPUT shaft off a transfer case, been set up work as an "island" auxilliary box. That's the end result of all those dumbass questions I have been bombarding the forums with over the past 12 months!
Simply reassembled it as is for time being, standard ratios a-la-NP435. Got a gearcutter lined up in the new year going to have a go at altering the input ratios to obtain a close ratio with an overdrive.

Dave.

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #165200 by Dave_64
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Dave_64. Reason: Testing

More
8 years 4 months ago #165201 by Dave_64

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #165214 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic Re: Posting Photos to Forum
Here's how I post Pics from Photobucket.
When you have your library Open, hover the Icon over the pic you wish to post.

And a popup menu like this will appear, Click on "share"

Something like this will appear..

Left click on the bottom Link, It will be highlighted in yellow & will say "Copied"

Come back to your post here & right click,
Click on "paste"
Then click on "submit"
[IMG

And you're done.

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by hayseed.

More
8 years 4 months ago #165219 by fjwb
Replied by fjwb on topic Re: Posting Photos to Forum
Please correct me if I'm wrong but if the user moves the pic or closes the photo bucket account the pic is longer on the forum? I like to think of forums as a kind of record, almost a searchable encyclopedia but it f the pics gradually vanish over the years a lot of info is lost. Another forum I use saves the pics, resulting in everything being kept as a permanent record.

More
8 years 4 months ago #165220 by Dave_64

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #165221 by Dave_64
Replied by Dave_64 on topic Re: Posting Photos to Forum
Thanks Guys, Finally may have it sorted out!, now If I can learn to add photo's to text, I'll be giggling!
[IMG
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Dave_64. Reason: Learning how to post photo's

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #165224 by Gryphon
Replied by Gryphon on topic Re: Posting Photos to Forum

fjwb wrote: Please correct me if I'm wrong but if the user moves the pic or closes the photo bucket account the pic is longer on the forum? I like to think of forums as a kind of record, almost a searchable encyclopedia but it f the pics gradually vanish over the years a lot of info is lost. Another forum I use saves the pics, resulting in everything being kept as a permanent record.

You are correct in that the images will no longer appear on the Forum if the 3rd party service account(Photobucket,Flickr,Faceplant,etc.) is closed or moved without updating the posts.

The ability to store the photos, as you do on your other forum, on the same server/account with hcvc.com.au is available in two ways, one is a Gallery and the other is as Attachments. Both approaches have their pro and cons but if things are managed properly they do minimise the issue of images going missing from posts, but like anything there is a learning curve required. Attachments are not available to the general user yet due to reliability issues, but it should be very soon.

I could bore you with my view of how this site could be that 'searchable encyclopaedia', and whole lot more for Historic Trucks, but it requires people who have the enthusiasm to want the HCVC site to be more than just a Forum and spend the time and effort to make it such. A large part of that view is the management of photos and images on this site so that they are not lost in the Internet wasteland.

Terry
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Gryphon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave_64

More
8 years 4 months ago #165290 by fjwb
Replied by fjwb on topic Re: Posting Photos to Forum
Totally understand what you are saying about what goes on in the background, I do help managing another forum and manage my clubs website, but im by no means a programmer. I'd love to offer to help with the 'heavy lifting' in the back ground but that's beyond my technical knowledge unfortunately. Thanks for what you all do with the site, it's a valuable resource, but would be a shame to gradually lose bits and pieces.

Time to create page: 0.498 seconds