Skip to main content

Place photos directly into your post.

More
8 years 3 months ago #166089 by Gryphon
Hi,

You should now be able to upload photos directly into your posts by way of using the Attachments feature you will see at the bottom of the edit page for each post. Although getting an image into your post is easier and you manage them via your Profile, it is still not as complete a solution as it could be but we will see how it goes.

You can read more here, www.hcvc.com.au/photos-and-images/158-ho...ectly-into-your-post

Terry
The following user(s) said Thank You: BillyP, Dave_64, ianoz, Mairjimmy

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• BillyP
  • I wish i could remember all the things i have forgotten...
More
8 years 2 months ago #166931 by BillyP
G Day Terry.
Re.. Placing pics direct from my puter to the Forum......
Following your instructions on this, seems to work ....simple & no problems,
just follow the few easy steps as shown.
The one thing that concerns me is that the pic does not show on preview ,but , showed
when submitted.....then its seems too late if its the wrong pic I have selected......
a coupla questions..........
apparently pic size does not matter as long as its under 3MB ???????
A total of 5 pics per post ???????
Once the pic is on the forum is there a link that can be broken...or....
does the pic stay even if deleted off my puter .??????
So far it seems like I might be able to give Photobucket the flick (Hoo Ray)...........

(I cannot see the pic on preview.....so..i..will hit submit & see what happens..........
.....................Billy.................

I CAME INTO THIS WORLD WITH NOTHING & STILL HAVE MOST OF IT.........................

I used to be a truck driver,
but i am now not a truck driver ,
on a good day i can remember
that i used to be a truck driver.
Attachments:

More
8 years 2 months ago #166932 by Gryphon
Billy,

The one thing that concerns me is that the pic does not show on preview ,but , showed
when submitted.....then its seems too late if its the wrong pic I have selected......

The reason you don't see your picture in the Preview is because the image you selected isn't uploaded(copied) from your computer/device until you press Submit. When you press Submit you will see the browser will take longer than normal to redisplay the post, that delay is the time taken to upload your image(s).

If you got the wrong picture you can edit your post and use the Remove button to remove it and upload the correct one. All the images you have uploaded can be seen in your Profile and if you remove an image from there then if the image is linked in a post then the link will be broken, so you should only remove images you know you are not using.

apparently pic size does not matter as long as its under 3MB ???????
A total of 5 pics per post ???????

All images are uploaded, but if is finds it is over 3mb then it will not be processed. Part of the processing is to resize the images to a standard size, reduced resolution and smaller file size before it is saved. A maximum of 5 pictures is correct, if you have more images you want to share you might consider creating an album in the HCVC Photo Gallery software, www.hcvc.com.au/jgallery .

Once the pic is on the forum is there a link that can be broken...or....
does the pic stay even if deleted off my puter .??????

The image that is uploaded to the Forum is a copy of what is on your computer so what you do with the original image on your computer wont affect things at the Forum. There is no connection/link back to your computer/device, if there was, every time you switched off your computer no-one could see your photos.

So far it seems like I might be able to give Photobucket the flick (Hoo Ray)...........

Well yes, no, maybe. :)

Every image or photo you see on a website, forum, a gallery, Facebook or photobucket or where ever else on the Internet has two things, the image must be uploaded and stored on a device permanently connected to the Internet, lets call it a Server. The second thing that is required is a link from where you see the image to the server where it has been stored. Every image works exactly the same, and once you get your head around that fact things are a lot easier to understand, what changes is the ability upload, find, browse and manage those images.

The new'ish feature of the Forum you like where you can upload photos straight into a post makes the upload and link easy for an image or two, but when you try to reuse the image, manage lots of images or just want to find the image again in a post then it is painful as you will start to find out as you do more. Just like Facebook, easy to insert but a dogs breakfast to find.

Photbucket/Flickr and even the HCVC Gallery can seem confusing when it comes to trying to get your image into your post, but they do a much better job of managing and reusing images across more than one site. The other benefit is people can browse thrugh your PBucket or Gallery album and instantly see your images without having to trawl through endless posts looking for a image they might remember or just having a casual browse.

So it is horses for courses, but in general for one off single interest/purpose images then upload into the post, for sharing lots of images then look at an album type service like the Gallery or Pbucket/Flickr and link to them in the post.

Terry

More
8 years 2 months ago #166933 by dno
Photo-bucket has become just plain painful, Ive recently found
imgur.com/
Seems good so far.

Chipping away, one day at a time.
Limited Access Excavations.
Find me on Instagram, or search deankummer.com

• BillyP
  • I wish i could remember all the things i have forgotten...
More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #166934 by BillyP
Thank you Terry,
That was an excellent reply

dno.....I might check that out..
.....................Billy.....................

I CAME INTO THIS WORLD WITH NOTHING & STILL HAVE MOST OF IT.........................

I used to be a truck driver,
but i am now not a truck driver ,
on a good day i can remember
that i used to be a truck driver.
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by BillyP.

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #166940 by Mairjimmy
Will try again

Here goes slowly back and THROW

Colin

Time to get up andd get going.......todays bad decisions aren't going to make themselves!!!
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Mairjimmy. Reason: Was going to add another photo, but no

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
8 years 2 months ago #166941 by Swishy
there U go

Looks like din hurt a bit

well dun

keep m cumm n

Give till it hurtz

Thanx in advance

cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #166942 by Mairjimmy
Practice make perfect I think

Will try a Berryman loader on Inter

And will try another a Blitz timber jinker

Don't forget to insert

Time to get up andd get going.......todays bad decisions aren't going to make themselves!!!
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Mairjimmy. Reason: Stuffed up

More
8 years 2 months ago #166943 by Mrsmackpaul
you got it by the short and curleys now Colin LOL

Paul

Like the Blitz

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
8 years 2 months ago #166945 by asw120

Mairjimmy wrote: Will try again

Here goes slowly back and THROW

Colin

Yep, you hit the flying doctor :)

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

Time to create page: 0.531 seconds