Skip to main content

Need help .A dry place for our Hanomag AL 28

More
10 years 8 months ago #124413 by Matta+Mario
Hello,i am Mario 48 years old from Germany,Horburg (Little town)
My wife Martina and i love old Trucks and 4x4 cars and Trucks ,also Tractors and travelling in austrailia very much.
We get a wink from a Aussiefriend to write in this Forum a Question.
We like Australia very much and we member in the Military vehicle Museum in Adelaide many Years ago.
We have a old Truck with a Australian historical registration in SA.
We have a Hanomag AL 28. ( Model: AL = All wheel 4x4, 28 = 2.8 liters) it was an old Radio truck 4.9 tons,(About 6 m Long,2.10 wide and 3.10 m high )from the Border police between east and west Germany. After the falling the German wall, the truck runs some years by the national Police in Germany, and the color change to green . About 1986-87 the truck was not more use by the Police and the German Gouverment give the truck free for private people to buy (but without Blue headlights and sirene (T

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 8 months ago #124414 by
Hi Matta and Mario
Thank you for your long message .
9 out of 10 for English !
Your truck sounds very interesting.
As I am in the UK , I cannot help you help you, but there are several people in the Melbourne area who could.
Hopefully one will reply.

Cheers
RS :)

10 years 8 months ago #124415 by
Maybe the Museum at the Darwin Airport, think Bugly911 might be able to help with a contact.

Trevor

More
10 years 8 months ago #124416 by Mrsmackpaul
what part of northern Australia are you looking Im over Townsville north Queensland way if that is of any help
Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
10 years 8 months ago #124417 by jimbo51
Here's a few of Matta & Mario's photos........

[IMG

[IMG

[IMG

More
10 years 8 months ago #124418 by Matta+Mario
Thanks ,to put the photos in.
Greetings
Matta & Mario

More
10 years 8 months ago #124419 by Roderick Smith
Darwin and northern Queensland are not dry environments.
In the world of aviation, there is a stored-aircraft facility being built in Alice Springs, to provide an Australian facility to rival the USA ones. That would be a dry environment: but at what cost for a vehicle parked on the site?

Another good climate with safe storage would be Broken Hill, NSW.

Roderick B Smith
Rail News Victoria Editor

More
10 years 8 months ago #124420 by Mrsmackpaul

Darwin and northern Queensland are not dry environments.
In the world of aviation, there is a stored-aircraft facility being built in Alice Springs, to provide an Australian facility to rival the USA ones. That would be a dry environment: but at what cost for a vehicle parked on the site?

Another good climate with safe storage would be Broken Hill, NSW.

Roderick B Smith
Rail News Victoria Editor

rod that is exactly right everything gets wettish or maybe damp is the right way to describe it during the wet season weather inside or out its just a bloody mess I always describe it the wet season wrecks evreything or at least it dose on the farm nothing gets used for a few months I leave all the fuel tanks topped right up dosnt seem to make much difference still end up with water in them every thing seizes up and I live in the dry tropics must 10 times worse further north were they have a proper wet season
Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
10 years 8 months ago #124421 by kel deutz

More
10 years 8 months ago #124422 by kel deutz
When Mario & Martia was in Oz -2 years ago @ Mundoora. I hope that Bugly @ Humpty Doo & Cementepede in Darwin -may have clues of where Mario can store their truck in Oz -Kel Deutz with wife with Mario in the centre of photo.

Time to create page: 0.452 seconds