Skip to main content

DOING A QUICK BRAKE ADJUSTMENT BY THE DRIVER !!!!!

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #125947 by andy950
old dog, that would be what the old man has, havnt read it personally but but from what he told me and what you put up,id say that's it,
I was put in the shed at marulan one night a few years ago, one drive didn't come up as well as the others, old fella there at the time said to me, i'll fill out the card(the one they give you sayin you've been over the shaker,most of you would know what im talkin about)while I do that you fly under it and nip it up!! that vwas in the shed! dongt think he woulda turned a blind eye if it was only to be done by a mechanic. Was also the only decent fella I ever come across at the bridge in my driving life so far ;D
At the end of the day if they need doing im guna get under and do em! Would rather do that than drive a truck that has no brakes and run over and kill a family because a piece of paper said I cant do it, if you do your brakes properly your not guna put yourself in a situation where you end up in court anyway ;)
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by andy950.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #125948 by andy950
I recently heard of one fella who got knocked back at rego because his drive brakes where adjusted to much, he had done it the right way up tight back half a turn. He was told by the inspecting officer that he needed a half inch gap between the lining and the drum!!!!!!!!!! :o :o Seriously?? these are the people telling us if we can or cant drive on the road, and some of them have no idea about basic truck mechanics!! Its all good and well to say we need a qualified mechanic to do the work, But how about a qualified mechanic to do the road worthy, not some uni kid whos done a 2 day course >:(

More
9 years 5 months ago #125949 by Debo
This popped up on my FB newsfeed thought it may interest some ;)
www.drive.com.au/motor-news/changes-to-t...20141201-11xlj5.html

More
9 years 5 months ago #125950 by prodrive
Hmm, yes and while we as an industry let idiots like the TWU comment on "how bad it is, how many people are killed by faulty maintenence" etc, without our own voice to interject, we will continue to be ruled by people who have no idea..grrrr...one day we will wake up! Maybe....

Time to create page: 0.425 seconds