Skip to main content

Log Books

More
14 years 9 months ago #11918 by Sarge
Log Books was created by Sarge
Late last year Hey Charger raised the issue of vehicles on Club plates and do they need to carry log books, since then I have been searching for a definitive answer.... well this is as good as it gets.

All vehicles with a GVM of 12t or more and outside 100k radius of the registered/home address, the driver MUST have a fatigue management work diary. As there is no mention of registration in the regulation the club plates has no relevance in this issue. Includes bus seating 12 or more including driver.

.Dont be surprised if tootling along on club plates that my colleagues stop you for a chat, there is an issue with far to many club permit vehicles being used as a daily commuter or for shopping expeditions. make sure you have the club magazine or other article indicating your journey is an approved club run.

Sarge :-X

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
14 years 9 months ago #11919 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: Log Books

Sarge
GuddayM8

eye plead on the 5th amendment
I no nutn
LOL
the legal log book from 2 or 3 years ago still legal to use jist like back then

coz me still got half a book of pages still togo
B nuther 5 years B 4 she b finished
I have not been formally notified th@ there is changes
jist anew name fatigue management work diary = log book 2 me
LOL

Cya

[ch9786]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
14 years 9 months ago #11920 by Sarge
Replied by Sarge on topic Re: Log Books
Swish, I will get back to you on that, but I suspect that they had a sunset claus on the old ones.

I am guessing that like me, you would not know which old one to dust off and use first... ;)

I went and paid the $15 for a new FMWD.... big floppy thing, needs a good cover and good hideyhole.
And needs to be kept filled in and pages removed or some nasty claytons cop will sting you with an expensive ticket. :o

Sarge :-X

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

More
14 years 9 months ago #11921 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: Log Books
In Queensland they`ve been enforcing the Log Book rule.QLD Transport also sent us all a letter saying that the truck couldn`t weigh more than 1/2 the GVM with a load on,which is tricky,some old trucks weigh 1/2 the GVM to start with,but our rego sticker still has the full GVM written on it.In Queensland we register them on Special Interest rego and don`t need to worry about permits.

More
14 years 9 months ago #11922 by GM Diesel
Replied by GM Diesel on topic Re: Log Books
In WA on club licence you are allowed full GVM and no log books.
However if we cross border into SA over 12T then we have to comply with national drivers diary.
Club or invitation only events. Test runs are okay and personal trips eg weddings are okay.

Basil

GM Diesels - Converting diesel into noise since 1938.

More
14 years 9 months ago #11923 by bigcam
Do any of the other states have this 1/2 GVM rule?It surprises me that it would be right if they still put the full GVM on the rego sticker.It looks pretty easy in WA Basil.When i registered my Road Boss on club rego,they put the GVM on the rego sticker at 85 tonnes,so I`m well and truly covered.

14 years 9 months ago #11924 by
Replied by on topic Re: Log Books
When I looked into the situation here. The old Log book system in Victoria on club permit plates we didn't need to worry about them as we weren't driving for reward.

As Sarge indicates we don't really have a log book any more! It is now a fatigue management diary. And no exceptions above 12 ton and 12+ seat buses.

Each state is different how they handle vintage/classic vehicles. They are operated under permits in some states and in others they are operated under a special type of registration. Very important to be aware of the differences when going between states. Such as Basil indicates. For example a club permitted vehicle from victoria is not permitted in WA as all vehicles have to be registered. If the same club permitted vehicle went to qld would it only be able to carry 1/2gvm? (expect not as it is a condition of the qld reg but not sure). And of course filling in the diary all the way!

Thank goodness my only truck on the road has full reg and way under 12ton! ;D Could be an issue when I get the other truck on the road however.... :(

More
14 years 9 months ago #11925 by GM Diesel
Replied by GM Diesel on topic Re: Log Books
To drive a club permit vehicle in WA you need a WA police tempory movement permit to do it.......which is only valid for 24 hours.
Three cheers again for a national system.

Basil

GM Diesels - Converting diesel into noise since 1938.

More
14 years 9 months ago #11926 by monty
Replied by monty on topic Re: Log Books
In NSW i dont know of the log book but we can only have 3/4 of the trucks GVM, must have the event sheet and permission to move from the rego officer. Cant be used for reward for wedding or commercial gain

Yes a national system would be fab and easy, but that cant be done because it has to create some work for all the F*&kheads in the RTA's of this so called great nation? of confusion, Just like the syd-melb railway long ago u have your width and well have our's.

-Monty ;)

More
14 years 9 months ago #11927 by bigcam
We probobly just need to get rid of one level of government,ie the state governments.If I modify a truck,like put a body or a turntable on it,in QLD,I put a modification plate on it and supply a certificate that states all work is carried out in accordance with the VSB6 national code of practice,and the vehicle complies with the relevent ADR`s.If they go to register the same vehicle in NSW,thier body builders also must conform to the National code of practice,though they don`t fit a mod plate or supply a certificate,but my mod plate and certificate arn`t recognized in NSW.So all we gotta do is get rid of the state governments and it`ll all be sweet.

Time to create page: 0.540 seconds