Skip to main content

Log Books

More
14 years 9 months ago #11928 by atkipete
Replied by atkipete on topic Re: Log Books
Not sure why we need state governments, particularly in an area like transport. It should be one set of rules all over Australia.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
14 years 9 months ago #11929 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: Log Books

Guyz

Me thinks U all miss n the point
to try n control and prevent mishapz on the hwyz
mainly through fatigue n being sleepy the authoritiez R gunna make us all responsible for our actions on the rd
any n all R capable of causing mayhem etc if we loose control through fatigue
dont matter ifn u're driveing a cops car, firetruck, roadtrain, B duble truck, Tow Truck, Vintage vehicle or a Moped
n into the fatigue time calculator U need to add time spent loading or doing bookwork etc
So me thinks eventually it wont B long B 4 every motorist (car drivers) will have a fatigue management book to fill out each n everyday if it involves driveing of any sort n takein into account how many hours U have sat Bhind a desk @ work

WotSayU

Cya

[ch9786]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
14 years 9 months ago #11930 by Rusty Engines
Replied by Rusty Engines on topic Re: Log Books
Hi All
more and outside 100k radius of the registered/home address

In Queensland the distance is 200k radius as long as you don't cross the into another state

legal log book from 2 or 3 years ago still legal to use

No you must have a the new one

Look under the heading "when should you use a work diary"

www.transport.qld.gov.au/resources/file/...nstruction_sheet.pdf

More
14 years 9 months ago #11931 by GM Diesel
Replied by GM Diesel on topic Re: Log Books
Totally agree with you Swishy on fatigue and im right behind it but its the inconsistency between states that is crap.
If a 1968 KW has passed its roadworthy why shouldnt it be abled to carry its GVM not this 1/2 in one state, 3/4 in another and full GVM in the other.
Likewise the log book setup. I can drive through SA for twelve hours with prescribed stops to the WA border, throw the book in the bin at the border inspection station and continue non stop to Perth...That aint right. I personally wouldnt do this as its irresponsible but plenty do.
So what happens if I bring a club licence vehicle to VIC at full GVM. Nothing because our club licence system is full licence - limited use.
If its a sanctioned event I can go where ever I want.
Sorry about getting wound up about this but I reckon you fella's on the right coast from VIC to QLD are getting a crap deal.

Basil

GM Diesels - Converting diesel into noise since 1938.

More
14 years 9 months ago #11932 by Sarge
Replied by Sarge on topic Re: Log Books
and to answer Swishy's question.
The new Fatigue Management Work Diary is required for the locals here, (as of some date December last year??) our old Victorian log books are only good for recycling.

And in general terms re crossing the borders.... in Victoria we will accept what ever was "legal" in the home state, even if it does not comply in this state, (17 year olds with drivers licences etc)...

I also thought that rule was reciprocal.... if it complies with Victoria's regulations, then when visiting interstate its ok too.

Sarge :-X

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

14 years 9 months ago #11933 by
Replied by on topic Re: Log Books

So me thinks eventually it wont B long B 4 every motorist (car drivers) will have a fatigue management book to fill out each n everyday if it involves driveing of any sort n takein into account how many hours U have sat Bhind a desk @ work
[ch9786]

Swishy - Nope, it won't happen in that form .. but what will happen, is that tracking devices such as those used by anti-theft companies and hire mobs, will soon be fitted to every vehicle, so Big Brudda can log exactly where you've been, and how long you took, doing it .. :o

The cops use mobile phone tracking as a way of catching out people trying to lie their way out of charges .. number plate recognition equipment is already installed or being installed in all cop cars, so the cops can pick you up on the spot if your vehicle is unregistered, or stolen (works good only if your plate isn't stolen, too, of course .. :) ) .. and traffic cameras already hand out fines based on point-to-point times.

It won't be long before you can't even take a leak against yer back wheel, and the vehicle will dob ya in .. ::)

More
14 years 9 months ago #11934 by atkipete
Replied by atkipete on topic Re: Log Books
Yes if truck drivers have to manage their fatigue what about everyone else. I hear of doctors working 24 hour shifts, ambos here pushing for min 10 hour breaks etc etc.
Imagine if you nodded off driving your truck after 12 hours at the wheel, had a prang, then got carted off to hospital by the ambos working a double shift and operated on by a doctor who has been up for two days....

More
14 years 9 months ago #11935 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Re: Log Books
I work in the IT industry and some of our hours are stupid too.

In the last couple of months I have had to do 2 system upgrades at weekend. The first one I drove in at 5pm, left the office 25km away at 2am. to come home, have dinner and sleep, then left for the office by car at 7:15am. Leaving the office at 11am I was struggling to stay awake about 2 km from home. If I can, with this stuff ,I try to get work to give me a cab voucher - quoting OH&S issues as the reason.

What scares me is holiday weekends such as Easter people work a whole day then get in their cars and drive to Adelaide or Sydney, maybe stopping once for fuel and never changing drivers. It is amazing more people aren't killed on these weekends as people spend their time driving around 1/2 asleep and in a rush with no patience

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
14 years 9 months ago #11936 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: Log Books

Sorry Sarge
BUT
but I aint been officialy n formally notified of the Sleepyhead diaryz
tiz all hear say
n aparently the States can't even agree on fatigue
also me ol log book aint filled up yet
I paid good dollars for it
if they wanna swap it over ...well n good
but I dont C no refund cumin from the authorities
Looks like I'd need a full time secretary to fill it in correctly with all the 'T' crossed n the 'i'z' dotted

LOL
Q: do the police force need to fill in a Fatigue management diary
cos i'm sure they also need sleep @ times
LOL

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
14 years 9 months ago #11937 by ianoz
Replied by ianoz on topic Re: Log Books
Is That "carry and drink ice water" to keep the bundy cans cool? Swishy ;D At the end of the run of course .Ian.

Time to create page: 0.451 seconds