Skip to main content

Editing

More
9 years 1 month ago #156357 by geoffb
Editing was created by geoffb
This function does not seem to be there any more reason??

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #156358 by IHScout
Replied by IHScout on topic Re: Editing
Hi Geoff, we are just trialling different forum settings to see what the impact will be. If you need a post edited, let one of the mods know.

Dennis

More
9 years 1 month ago #156359 by dno
Replied by dno on topic Re: Editing
Could I suggest you guys maybe "lock" a thread that's not suitable, rather than deleting it ?
Usually the conversation that follows gives others an idea of whats acceptable.

Chipping away, one day at a time.
Limited Access Excavations.
Find me on Instagram, or search deankummer.com

9 years 1 month ago #156360 by
Replied by on topic Re: Editing

Hi Geoff, we are just trialling different forum settings to see what the impact will be. If you need a post edited, let one of the mods know.

Are you serious!!!!!

9 years 1 month ago #156361 by
Replied by on topic Re: Editing

Are you serious!!!!!

now children sit , cross your legs, hands in front, looks like we are back in grade 1 ::) ::) ::)

More
9 years 1 month ago #156362 by dieseldog
Replied by dieseldog on topic Re: Editing
I use the edit function quite regularly, but only ever for spelling mistakes, etc. I do appreciate those who highlight their editing, so you can easily see the change to their post.

This could be quite good, by making people think about what they're saying before hitting the post button...

More
9 years 1 month ago #156363 by mad_as_hec
Replied by mad_as_hec on topic Re: Editing
I use the edit function all the time. I don't have a computer so I use my phone to access the site. Can't see the whole post by the time you go to post it and you never know what your autocorrect has changed your sentences to until it is posted. Then edit it like crazy when you realise what drivel you have written.

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #156364 by mad_as_hec
Replied by mad_as_hec on topic Re: Editing
See? If I had been able to edit that previous post I would have punctuated it better, to make more sense.
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by mad_as_hec.

More
9 years 1 month ago #156365 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Re: Editing
I understand the issue and it will be reinstated some time.

We are trying to get a handle on the 'disrespectful posts' that people have been complaining anout

We have members who post things to start wars then remove them making it look like everybody ganged up on them.

They then claimed the moderators/admins had deleted their posts even though they had done it themselves. So we removed the delete so that now only moderators and admins can remove posts so that if we are not carrying the can for someone else's actions.

Those members then edited their posts so we removed the edit temporarily so we can see what is actually said, not the edited 'innocent' versions that cause the 'they are picking on me for no reason' complaints.

The change wasn't advertised as we wanted to catch the offenders out. Unfortunately as they are now aware of it they will be cautious.

I apologise for any inconvenience but there has been 'a lot of issues reported regarding disrespectful posts' so while it appears we may have uncovered one I am sure there are more but need evidence to act.

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
9 years 1 month ago #156366 by ianoz
Replied by ianoz on topic Re: Editing
If this is what it takes to sort some people ,Glad to live with it .
Once the forum is upgraded most of the forums I am on have a report icon .This will hopefully make the moderators jobs aq little easier .

Time to create page: 0.447 seconds