Skip to main content

What's Your Favourite Brew?

More
8 years 11 months ago #159655 by asw120

Not a great lover of the xxxx brand,but on a hot day after loading and getting your paper work at the xxxx brewery Brisbane,you were given a chit to go and have a beer in the workers bar down under the keg loading dock,poured straight off the wooden keg delicious.

Loosley. :) ;)

None of that there now......I hafta get safety paperwork signed in and out just to do a service on one of the lifts...(euro safety)...(and yet, the place is crumbling :'( )

I wonder where their AA180 is now? Used to see it on North Quay every morning around 1993ish? Bright yellow, of course.

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #159656 by Mrsmackpaul

Have had trouble getting it of late Im getting thirsty

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
8 years 11 months ago #159657 by ianoz
Being a Cane cockie Paul , Thought you would be a Canecutters cordial man .
XXXX Gold for me .

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #159658 by allan
As a youngster, when leaving Victoria (on hols) always carried enough beer to get through NSW. Some Qld beer was passable, but nothing in NSW that I could find!
Likewise when heading west, I'd take enough to get through SA (Southwark? it still had the rubbish in the bottom of the bottle.)
Back then, Fosters was my choice. Now I stick to Light (pathetic isn't it) and Cascade is my preference. But I do like a Dark Ale from White Rabbit too (too much!)

But as dear old dad used to say "there's no such thing as a bad beer, it's just that some are better than others."
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by allan.

More
8 years 11 months ago #159659 by hayseed
Lang, I always thought those XXXX TV ads of 20 odd years ago were some of the most clever Ads out there.
There used to be a Tooheys NEW radio Ad of the Same era that was very clever as Well..

ASW, I'm a bit partial to Crownies Myself, BUT only when I can't get these...

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
8 years 11 months ago #159660 by asw120
Allan, if ya gotta drive, nothing wrong with Cascade Premium Light - King of lights, I reckon.

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
8 years 11 months ago #159661 by Johnm020
Great Northern. It has a picture of a fish and fish is supposed to be good for you. Old mate of mine told me that one.

More
8 years 11 months ago #159662 by Beaver
Black beer is best. Tooheys Old or Monteith's Black from across the ditch.

Beaver@ Museum of Fire

More
8 years 11 months ago #159663 by dieseldog
I'm not a drinker, but sometimes, I will have a little "Coke on the rocks" just to fit in with the crowd...

More
8 years 10 months ago #159664 by JimmyDodge
After years of traveling the world with my job as a Flight Attendant with Qantas, i can tell you there is no such thing as a bad beer ...Just some are better than others...
Harleigh.

Time to create page: 0.550 seconds