Skip to main content

Anyone having trouble reading the threads?

More
14 years 6 months ago #16467 by hofmann
I sit a ways away from the computer screen and I struggle to read the text. I realised there must be a few old boys around this site and we may be in the same boat. A little trick is to press control and the plus sign together, it will blows up the text. Unfortunately it cuts off the sides but it's still better.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 6 months ago #16468 by
Hofmann - Yeah, the standard text size on this forum must have been decided by a bunch of 19yr olds with perfect youngsters eyesight.
It's the worst forum I've come across for such a miserable text size. That's the reason I post all my postings in size 14 text.
Just write up your post, swipe and highlight all the text, and click on the numbered drop down menu at the top centre of your post, and select the size of text you want to post in .. and hey presto, you're done ..
Unfortunately, with this program, you have to do it every time you post .. you can't set your choice, as your default text size.

14 years 6 months ago #16469 by
Onetrack I can assure you that the text size wasn't decided by a bunch of 19yr olds. I can also assure you that it also wasn't decided by youngsters with perfect eyesight!

I won't even mention about some of youre recent posts in regards to your thought about this forum which I started quite a while back (Well over 19 now!).

As for the topic at hand for Hofmann and onetrack:-

Now the current standard on the forum is 11pt. I will talk to the rest of the admin's of the forum and discuss increasing it. However there are many things that impact on how big the text appears at your end as well.

Things such as the screen resolution on your computer, The size of your monitor, assuming that you are using windows the accessibility options for text size, In internet explorer there are options in the view menu for text size and zooming of the pages.

Also instead of selecting the entire message in the bottom right of the message area you will notice a label indicating "Text size: 11px". Just click on the + button a couple of times will increase the size of all the text in your message.

So while I might not be a 19 yr old youngster and do not have perfect eyesight I do work with computers every day. And in most cases web sites have about the 11pt text size.

14 years 6 months ago #16470 by
Just did some investigation if you change the size of the post using the lower right hand corner text size it will change it for all your post from then on.

More
14 years 6 months ago #16471 by bigcam
By Golly,your right,thanks mate. :) :) :)

More
14 years 6 months ago #16472 by bigcam
It only does it while you type, and it doesn`t stay big when it`s posted but.

More
14 years 6 months ago - 14 years 6 months ago #16473 by bparo
Hi bigcam. If you type between the
Code:
[size=14]like this[/size]
it should stay big This can be controlled by the font and size boxes above the area you type enabling you to change it as much as you like

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!
Last edit: 14 years 6 months ago by bparo.

More
14 years 6 months ago #16474 by bigcam
I`ll give it a go Still PractisingI think I might have itI`ll post it up and see

More
14 years 6 months ago #16475 by bigcam
Thanks Bruce,it seems to work

More
14 years 6 months ago #16476 by bigcam
Look out Swishy,I`ll be able to write like you now (sort of)

Time to create page: 0.495 seconds