Skip to main content

Anyone having trouble reading the threads?

More
14 years 6 months ago #16487 by Sarge
Righto Swish, more info required, I am wasting good government money sitting here trying to make my what-not bigger.... I am too lazy to use the text select method for every post and the text size choice at the bottom of the post box just makes it easier to read what I am typing, but the post reverts to 11 point.

I am sure you dont do a text and font select for each of your messages... so 'fess up... in plain English...

Old farts needs to know, you know....

/me

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 6 months ago #16488 by
To help (as sarge indicates) the Old Farts! ;D

I have increased all the easily configurable font sizes by 2.

I have also made changes to the actual code of the forum to increase the default text size for a message up 2 also. Be aware due to the location of this change it may be lost when I do the next major update to the forum! There is a new version out at the moment. But I don't have time to put it on a the moment due to work commitments.

14 years 6 months ago - 14 years 6 months ago #16489 by
JB - The increase in the default text size is a great improvement .. thanks for your efforts.

14 years 6 months ago #16490 by
Ian - What size screen or monitor are you using? If you have an old 14" or 15" CRT monitor, or even a 15" LCD screen, they are quite limited in what they can view.
The new monitors are all 19" and bigger. I'm using a 17" LCD which is 4 yrs old, and 17" is practically obsolete now, too.
I bought a replacement monitor for the missus' computer and 22" widescreen is what they all want to sell you. The difference is quite amazing.

It doesn't help with older monitors, when the forum programs such as this YABB program, choose to have a useless, room-wasting column at the left. I make no attempt to hide my dislike of this forum program - IMO, the vBulletin forum programs by Jelsoft, are the finest forum program money can buy. However, we work with what we're given.

JB - Not to worry, I've never been one to hide my opinion under a bushel. I've got a thick hide and robust opinions, and I'll hand out criticism and praise in equally large doses.
Robust opinions being stated lets us all know where we stand. I could never make a politiican or diplomat, I'd tell them all to get *$&$#>*, on the spot .. ;D

More
14 years 6 months ago - 14 years 6 months ago #16491 by hofmann
I'm a dumbassthink I got you now but I agree that I am probably too lazy to do this every time plus it only helps people reading my text not me to read theirs
Last edit: 14 years 6 months ago by hofmann.

More
14 years 6 months ago #16492 by hofmann
Heh Swishy, you want to expand on your link a bit like tell us what we're supposed to be looking for. By the way, if you are always laughing out loud, does your wife think you're a nutter.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
14 years 6 months ago #16493 by Swishy

Hoffy
GuddayM8

Expando eye shall try!

LOL (the handbrake ignores me anyway)

Here B a snap shot of a bit i've stored in NOTEPAD
the very 1st n last code is for Bold text b for BOLD n surounded by them squar braket doodaddz n the last b has a / slash to turn code off surrounded by the square brackets again [ ]
U'll also notice th@ the hilighted text th@ I Swiped (Hold mouse button down n drag the bit U want)
COPY (right clik n hit COPY or hit EDIT on iE n hit COPY)
The PASTE ( clik on message area, right clik n PASTE or Hit iE EDIT n PASTE) = Dun
The abpce pic is just th@ a pic so U wont B able to S.C.n P
So open Notepad tap in sum code like what I have hilighted with Blu background, Save off note pad then S,C, n P the text into message area of BB then add your text (words) inB tween codes

We can all B thik az a short plank of 4x4

LOL

any more Q:? Fire away
Cya
[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
14 years 6 months ago #16494 by hofmann
Are you telling me you go through all that every time you post?You sure you're not RTA secret intelligence division in disguise

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
14 years 6 months ago #16495 by Swishy

No
U get n it all rong
all the code is saved
I open up the file in NOTEPAD
S,C n P the hilighted code into message area n place my BS in B tween where code is turned on n where it'z turned off
I have NOTEPAD open all the time in the background with all the code n use less/full info @ hand

LOL

Your last input here U have the opening code(turnon) n close n code but U need the text between the 2 after ] n B4 [
Cya
[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
14 years 6 months ago - 14 years 6 months ago #16496 by hofmann
Got you now. Not sure if I even have notepad. I'm not too bothered about colours and fonts and I can do the size code automatically here. It'd be nice if it just set itself permanantly though. Thanks for the help
Last edit: 14 years 6 months ago by hofmann.

Time to create page: 0.484 seconds