Skip to main content

Solving a Storage Problem

More
14 years 5 months ago #17298 by bigcam
Your right about the cowl vents Ron,they looked to me as if they came from a chandlry shop,the indicators looked more american than VW.Though I don`t think Charlie minded as long as it looked all right,my Reo had Bedford indicators on it,and the exhausts where pretty wild as well.Here`s a couple of pics of what it looked like when I bought it

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #17299 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Re: Solving a Storage Problem
Hi OneTrack.

I suspect those indicators may be 1950's clearance lights. My inter had lights like that across the roof when I got it. Pity they were to stuffed to get rechromed, lenses replaced etc or they may have gone back on. I have been told they were an IH Factory option.

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
14 years 5 months ago #17300 by Andy Wright
Nice one, Bruce. Congratulations.

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr

More
14 years 5 months ago - 14 years 5 months ago #17301 by bigcam
Bruce,here`s a pic of the lights,Truck Lite brand,model 1312,made in USA according to the box

Last edit: 14 years 5 months ago by bigcam.

14 years 5 months ago #17302 by
Replied by on topic Re: Solving a Storage Problem
Cam - Those Trucklite clearance lights you've pictured are not the same as the ones on the Reo .. the Reo ones have a more rounded profile on the lens. I seem to recall that Hella made them as well? .. and the ones on the Reo might be Hella?

More
14 years 5 months ago #17303 by bigcam
Hi Ron,the ones for the Reo I got off Brown And Watson (Narva),and your right they are different to the ones in the pic.I sent a PM to Bruce to let him know I had the other lights if he wanted them.I`ve just put a pic up so he can see if they are what he wants.I got Brown and Watson to get me some from America for a Kenworth I used to have and then I sold the truck before I painted it so I didn`t use them.As for the Reo lights,You can still get the ones the same for the Reo off Hella,but they only come in Black,the Narva ones are Chrome,far superior.They look like little bombs.

Time to create page: 0.415 seconds