Skip to main content

Solving a Storage Problem

More
14 years 5 months ago #17288 by bparo
I am taking delivery of a new shed. It is 7x13 metres with a 7x7 metre cartruck port at the end.

It comes preinstalled on a couple of acres of land and as it is just over 3 hours from home it has a wife's shed (sometimes called a house) on it. This is the verandah all round style and has a private lake (hopefully with yabbies) and swimming pool.

It is about 12 mins from the Port of Echuca on the Melbourne side. The idea is to use it as a holiday retreat then move there when I retire (15 - 20 years time unless I win Tatts)

When I said the truck port was a fraction short (my inter is 7.25 metres long) Mrs P said "There is plenty of space build a shed for it not now but before we move up there full time" . That has been filed for future reference - I think I may have her trained (for that bit at least) ;)

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #17289 by bigcam
Ah Bruce,it doesn`t matter how big the shed is,it`s still to small.Charlie Abdulla used to cut his trucks down so that they would fit in his shed,sounds like you`ve just got to shorten the Inter by a bit over a foot and you`ll be right.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
14 years 5 months ago - 14 years 5 months ago #17290 by Swishy

Bruceman
GuddayM8
Tiz impossable to build a shed tooo big
I have just proven it with my 45m x 45m shed
LOL

BigC
GuddayM8
Re: Charly Abdilla
Is this a short x Malta man of about 70-80 Y/O
has a collection of ol REO trucks?
InQuirin Mindz nee to no

Cya
[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH
Last edit: 14 years 5 months ago by Swishy.

More
14 years 5 months ago #17291 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Re: Solving a Storage Problem

Ah Bruce,it doesn`t matter how big the shed is,it`s still to small.Charlie Abdulla used to cut his trucks down so that they would fit in his shed,sounds like you`ve just got to shorten the Inter by a bit over a foot and you`ll be right.

The Inter normally lives unde a 9m x 3m truckport in Melbourne. I think I would rather go the 'extra shed' route - can always make it big enought for a couple more ;)

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
14 years 5 months ago #17292 by bigcam
That`s the Swishy,he died ages ago,at least 10 years ago,probobly longer.Funnily enough,he must have used to have owned the Reo I`ve got,I could only just make his name out on the door.Chester McDonald bought most of the collection I think.There is still some of it down at Ronnies,I`ll post you up some pics.

More
14 years 5 months ago #17293 by bigcam
Hijack time Bruce.Here`s a couple of pics of what was left of Charlies collection at Ronnies,I think Chester has since been back and taken some of it home.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
14 years 5 months ago #17294 by Swishy

Bruceman
Sorry to pirate u're post here
LOL
tooo L8 now
Haz gone to the dogz
LOL

BigC
GuddayM8
Gr8 Pix
Keep m Cummin

me thinks about 100 years ago me ol man useta cart Charlies machines around when he lived in Melb
he had a C@ 955 n a 933 traxcavator
but use to get the same rate for the smaller machine when he twaz on hire as he had it relabeld 955 ;)

LOL

Cya

[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

14 years 5 months ago #17295 by
Replied by on topic Re: Solving a Storage Problem
BC whats the last truck is it a Reo or Inter.?? Dave

More
14 years 5 months ago #17296 by bigcam
It`s a Reo Speedwagon Dave.

14 years 5 months ago - 14 years 5 months ago #17297 by
Replied by on topic Re: Solving a Storage Problem
Never seen those crazy little airscoops on the cowl in front of the windscreen before?
It looks like the cab designer built ships, before he went working for Reo?? :D

I guess this would be a "first" in "flow-through" cab ventilation?? Those klaxons and the fancy fog light are worth about $500 alone, and really give that truck some character. I sure wouldn't mind getting my hands on it .. what a shame it's 5000 klicks away .. :'(

Those mudguard indicators aren't original, and I'll wager they were pinched off a VeeDub. The mudguard mount mirrors remind you of the "wing" mirrors, that the Japs are so fond of, and which you often see on grey import Hilux Surfs.

It looks like Charlie was pretty intent on seeing stuff behind him, properly .. with 4 mirrors total .. and I can go along with that.

The Missus has a Doctors wife for a friend, and the Doc has a big, new, fancy top-of-the wozza, Beemer. When you chuck the Beemer in reverse, the door mirrors automatically lean back, to give you a better view of the kerb and pavement right by the back wheel and back corner of the car. Kewl idea, pity it doesn't become more popular. I suppose BMW have a patent on it .. :'(

Time to create page: 0.484 seconds