Skip to main content

OT about Beer

More
2 years 5 months ago #227384 by Morris
Replied by Morris on topic OT about Beer
Beer as with all other drinks, food, sport, music, cars, trucks, hobbies and anything else is purely your personal preference. What is one person's perfect is anothers poison. One person's junk is anothers jewel, one's trash is anothers treasure and all sorts of other trite sayings.
As a politition once said:- if all men were the same we would all want the same woman to be our Wife.

By the way, how do we watch a podcast?

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 5 months ago #227386 by V8Ian
Replied by V8Ian on topic OT about Beer

Dan Murphy's/BWS have Fosters readily available.

All this parochial beer stuff is a bit yobbish. There is no bad beer only good beer and better beer.
Yobbish is a bit harsh, Lang. Tribal and tongue in cheek may be fairer. Your good and better comment was oft quoted by my late father-in-law.
Don't buy alcohol purveyors' shares on the strength of my consumption. Nescafe would be a better bet.

More
2 years 5 months ago #227389 by wee-allis
Replied by wee-allis on topic OT about Beer
Regardless of brand, taste or alcohol content, I still marvel at how they can bottle this amazing elixer so cheaply.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hayseed, cobbadog, Lang

More
2 years 5 months ago #227393 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic OT about Beer
Interesting thing about one-brand drinkers is they so often are very aggressive - and seriously so - damning other brands, no tongue in cheek.

It used to give so many of us great amusement in PNG where beer replaces water as the sustenance of life. South Pacific Breweries produced SP Special Export in green bottles and SP Export Special in brown bottles. Anyone visiting the brewery could clearly see the change-over in the middle of the day when the green bottles on the conveyor belt were replaced by brown bottles with the beer still coming out the same tap. I have seen fights develop over the supporters of greenies and brownies. The main claim being the colour of the glass allowed different light thereby changing the flavour (in a closed carton made 5 days ago!).

A favourite bar game was the taste test by "experts" extolling their favourite beer and declaring they would not drink that other cat's p..s. Four or five different beers were poured, the brands only known to the barman. In probably 15 or 20 of these experiments over 20 years in Army and RAAF messes I have NEVER seen an expert identify all beers correctly. They of course could tell they tasted differently but it was often quite amusing when they declared their favourite another cat's p..s brand. Used to love these games because the failed 100% identification meant the expert had to shout the bar.
The following user(s) said Thank You: V8Ian

More
2 years 5 months ago #227394 by Lang
Wee Allis

You are dead right but it is still just processed water. I saw water over $7 a small bottle at some places in the NT on my last trip. The intelligence of the general public continues to amaze me.

The cheapest fluid you can buy is petrol. They have to search for it, drill it, transport it, refine it, transport it again and retail it and can you name me a cheaper fluid from water to tomato sauce? Absolute bargain!

Lang
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Zuffen

More
2 years 5 months ago #227395 by V8Ian
Replied by V8Ian on topic OT about Beer

Interesting thing about one-brand drinkers is they so often are very aggressive - and seriously so - damning other brands, no tongue in cheek.

It used to give so many of us great amusement in PNG where beer replaces water as the sustenance of life. South Pacific Breweries produced SP Special Export in green bottles and SP Export Special in brown bottles. Anyone visiting the brewery could clearly see the change-over in the middle of the day when the green bottles on the conveyor belt were replaced by brown bottles with the beer still coming out the same tap. I have seen fights develop over the supporters of greenies and brownies. The main claim being the colour of the glass allowed different light thereby changing the flavour (in a closed carton made 5 days ago!).

A favourite bar game was the taste test by "experts" extolling their favourite beer and declaring they would not drink that other cat's p..s. Four or five different beers were poured, the brands only known to the barman. In probably 15 or 20 of these experiments over 20 years in Army and RAAF messes I have NEVER seen an expert identify all beers correctly. They of course could tell they tasted differently but it was often quite amusing when they declared their favourite another cat's p..s brand. Used to love these games because the failed 100% identification meant the expert had to shout the bar.
Spot on Lang, I couldn't tell one beer from another.
I also find it amusing, people who claim rum makes them want to fight. I think it has more to do with the quantity consumed, rather than the type of beverage.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lang

More
2 years 5 months ago #227396 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic OT about Beer

Spot on Lang, I couldn't tell one beer from another.
I also find it amusing, people who claim rum makes them want to fight. I think it has more to do with the quantity consumed, rather than the type of beverage.

I think rum gives them a excuse to fight, I reckon those type of people are already looking for a fight and that gives them the excuse to be a rat bag

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, V8Ian

More
2 years 5 months ago #227398 by Bluey60
Replied by Bluey60 on topic OT about Beer
Mrs Mack I think you hit the nail on the head I’ve been known to consume copious quantities of fighting fluid at times and the only effect it ever seems to have on me is put me to sleep or make me meloncolly but then again I always say I won my last fight by a hundred yards

Bluey

More
2 years 5 months ago #227407 by Lang
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, overlander, oliver1950

More
2 years 5 months ago #227411 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic OT about Beer

The cheapest fluid you can buy is petrol. They have to search for it, drill it, transport it, refine it, transport it again and retail it and can you name me a cheaper fluid from water to tomato sauce? Absolute bargain!

Lang

Lang, Pretty sure Milk is one of (if Not The ) The cheapest Fluid.... BISTBC

I continue to be amazed at the way People pay Big Money for Bottled Water..

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

Time to create page: 0.471 seconds