Skip to main content

165 Massey Ferguson clutch

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #26307 by Mardie
G'day
I think my old 165's clutch has died. I can put it in gear OK but when I let out the clutch it does'nt move.
It just goes/moves enough to shift around in the paddock in low range.
Does anyone know what is wrong with it and how to fix it?
I have just spent $1k on new parts for the front where the front axle and power steering bolt up.
If anyone is interested I bought brand a new casting (80kg) from Albany tractor wreckers, the're down on the lower Denmark Road in WA.
Mardie

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 week ago #26308 by Coupeute
I'd say it may need adjusting up. When a clutch is worn out there is no travel in the pedal & it may not go into gear without crunching. If you do get it into gear, the tractor could move off with only a slight release of the pedal. Thats without knowing the innards of a fergie clutch. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

AL110 inter ute &&FC Holden Wagon&&HJ Holden 1 Tonner&&

More
14 years 1 week ago #26309 by mammoth
your clutch has 2 stages - the first to bite is for the PTO. then the drive. Make sure you have free play on the pedal. adjustment can be made through the slot underneath but you need to make a tool to set the gap. A good mechanic with a jack on a rail track can split the transmission, put in a new clutch (they are not dear) and have it running again in several hours. it's not hard, just got to go about it the right way. If splitting the transmission remember to chock the gap between front axle and chassis.

Time to create page: 0.414 seconds