Skip to main content

What do people collect part from trucks

• Topic Author
16 years 2 weeks ago #1437 by
Well i collect old news papers & old road maps i have a street directory of Melbourne 1942.
And old news papers back to 1890.
I also chase 78's , 45's, 33&1/3 records.

Any how tell rest of us what you collect???? Dave

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
16 years 1 week ago #1438 by bparo
Well my list is a bit extensive but here goes

All sorts of old Farm and industrial equipment including:Stationary motors, pumps, shearing plant, bag lifter drag saw, tractor and Lister Autotruck. (you can see how the my Inter and XP Ute fit this nicely).

Railway stuff: steam whistles, operator's manuals, model railway (N Scale) with a particular interest in Narrow Gauge railways or tramways or VR Steam) .

ads, brochures and manuals for equipment that I own or of the era (eg I have a 1965/66 Power Farmer Annual that sits on the dash of the XP when it is on display).

I also have a collection of old petrol and oil tins and drums (including an Alba Petroleum 44 Gallon drum) thay have been picked up cheaply over the use, initially for use insetting the scene with the above machinery

Other stuff I like the look of, think will display nicely, or reminds me of some event. (such as rally badges of rallies I have attended)

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
16 years 1 week ago #1439 by MrsP
Hi Deadly,

I collect old kerosene lamps. Not the pretty decorative ones. I actually started with an old roadworkers lamp. You know the red ones. Now I have a combination of roadworkers and kerosene lanterns. There are about 30 of them, they seem to go through a breeding cycle :) I also have some Marine, Pushbike, Trench (candle powered), and Railway lamps.

The oldest lamp is an old policemans lamp used when the Policeman would walk the beat pre-electricity. It has a large white bullet lense and a little carry handle. All metal.

One advantage is that if the power goes out I have enough lamps to provide light. :o

Mrs P

More
16 years 1 week ago #1440 by Andy Wright
The main thing I collect is books written about/by British and Commonwealth airmen in the Second World War.

Also collect DVDs starring Jimmy Stewart, old truck ads from magazines, die-cast Bedfords and Macks and a few other things that seem to accumulate.

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr

More
15 years 8 months ago #1441 by huppypuppy
Hi all,

I'm in the process of re-starting a collection of cacti - I brought a Dessert Friends 3.5cm cactus from Bunnings Warehouse in Dubbo today! The little blighter cost me $2.50 compared to me Dad's purchase - 2 terracotta pots and a bag of Rose Blend potting mix and he got a touch more than the value of my cactus back from $100!

Joe

• Topic Author
14 years 5 months ago #1442 by
I'm putting up this old one for HighWheeler and Kennymopar2 here is place for you put down your collection .

Just read what puppy put now I know why he cant get a truck he collects catti's hows is it going Joe. Dave

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
14 years 5 months ago #1443 by Swishy

Well for a start
I collect dust
if I stand still n fail to move the dust settles on me
LOL
when we built the new shed we didn't count on the neighbour (nursey supplies) getn blended mix of soils th@ drift over n thru our shed when he gets aload delivered tiz also a bit ripe
Also
Gotta have an Also
I collect steel
store it outside in the graveyard n wait till it disolves into dust
TH@'z only when eye dont find a use for it
LOL

The more room U got........the more sheite U collect

;D

Cya
[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
14 years 5 months ago #1444 by werkhorse
I collect any book, manual, brochure, etc to do with road transport.I have quite a collection now days and it all started with a 1979 truckin life mag. I do have a reasonable collection of truck badges.

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

More
14 years 5 months ago #1445 by ianoz
Just out of interest dave.Did the street directory and the old newspapers come with the bedford when you bought it ???ian.

• Topic Author
14 years 5 months ago #1446 by
I collect old Caterpillar ads, sales brochures, tool books, specification sheets, and service manuals & service literature .. including Parts Catalogs, Service Manuals, Service Magazines, Service Reporters, Service Bulletins, ServiceGrams and Service Letters .. pre-1953 LeTourneau Earthmover literature and manuals (LeTourneau sold out to Westinghouse in 1953) .. 1940's to 1960's Power Farming magazines and Annuals .. as well as a few items of other brands of crawler tractors ..

I have also gathered a heap of manuals and brochures on trucks & wheel tractors .. as well as parts catalogs for attachments or accessories, associated with cars, truck and tractors (suspension, water pump, spark plug, electrical, brakes, etc .. such as Kelpro, Mackay, Echlin, Repco, PBR, etc etc.)

Currently, the collection extends to 2 Metalux two-door cabinets, and two 7' high bookcases, all of which are full to the brim.
I also collect the WW2 "Salt" magazine, and the WW2 "Army" magazine, Military TM manuals, as well as assorted WW2 aircraft, naval, and engineer books, booklets, magazines, papers and articles.
I love the stuff from the late 1920's, 1930's, 1940's and 1950's.

My greatest prizes are the "Condensed Catalog", colour Caterpillar sales brochures, from the early 1930's to the late 1950's .. a couple of superb WW2 (1940 and 1944) LeTourneau Earthmover sales catalogs (in part colour) .. and a 48 page WW2 "restricted" publication, showing precise details and pictures of every type of Landing Craft in WW2 (this would normally have been destroyed).

Of the Cat, "Condensed Catalog" books, I have 1936, 1938, 1940, 1942, 1946, 1947, 1951 (2 of) and 1958.
These are worth around $100 to $150 each, and are fought over when they come up for sale .. which is not very often.

Time to create page: 0.544 seconds