Skip to main content

What do people collect part from trucks

More
14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #1457 by bigcam
Well I collect old Truck and Bus magazine's,Truck Books,and I like to collect old truck photo's.Funnily enough once I've looked at them I don't often go back and have another look.Same as anything really I suppose.I've got some nice old pics from the 60's and 70's,and just a few from the 50's.I also collect anything to do with trucks,brosures,the old style gear knobs etc.And I've got a couple of trucks as well,I'll stick the pic's up for Jake and High Wheeler's benifit,most of you have seen them before anyway.

White 2000

White 2300,one day these two will probobly become one.

Diamond Reo

Road Boss

Haulmark trailer

I've also got what's left of this,Melon's got the rest,was a White.
Last edit: 14 years 4 months ago by bigcam.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #1458 by Jake Brake
Hi Bigcam, sure like your trucks.
What year is the Road Boss & what's the chassis no.? I collect chassis numbers & records for White trucks (that's another thing I collect)! What sort of power and transmission and rear end suspension has the Road Boss got? It looks very smart. Nice colour scheme.
What's the go with L. Kirbys old 2300? What happend to the tipper?
And the 2064, I've noticed the grill and cowl are missing. I've got a really good grill and cowl to suit, just sitting in the shed if you're after one.
The last photo must have been a 6x6? I've got a brochure on one of them in my collection. It's the first Aussie 6x6 (well front of one), I've seen! What are your plans for that?

White the greatest name in trucks

White the greatest name in trucks.

More
14 years 4 months ago #1459 by bigcam
Hi Jake,the Road Boss is 1978,400 bigcam2,15 O.D,44 Rockwells on Reyco,
I sold the tipper off Kirby's old White,the chassis is very rusty and it failed a machinery inspection because of it,the cab has a bit of rust in it as well.If I could have sold the motor out of it (not that I tried hard),I would have wrecked it.The other 2000 came up,it used to have a V8 185 Cummins in it but it got the electrolysis and died,so they pushed it out of the shed.It's got no rust anywhere so eventually I'll put the motor,front gaurds and bonnet of Kirby's truck in it,unless I come up with another plan.
The 6 X 6 was cactus,I cut up what was left of it,Melon got the front axle and transfer case,and the 6V53 out of it is sitting up the back of my shed.The made a few 6 X 6 Diamond Reo's as well,there is still one up near Rockhampton in real good nick.

• Topic Author
14 years 4 months ago #1460 by
Bc i always thought Laurie truck was kept in good nick you never know do you. Dave

More
14 years 4 months ago #1461 by bigcam
I'm sure Laurie did keep it in good nick.The main problem being it's been an Agi at some stage which is why the chassis is cactus,I think the rest of the rust is fair from an older restoration.It's obvious he has put a lot of time and effort into the truck.

• Topic Author
14 years 4 months ago #1462 by

.....check out this 1/25th scale S model Beddy that Danny Turner has just finished

truckmadpeople.smfforfree3.com/index.php/topic,383.0.html

absolute cracker I reckon

Werkhorse, sorry, I got to disagree with you on this statement --- absolute cracker I reckon.

Ok, it's a good model as far as that goes, BUT, he aint the one you should be patting on the back.

What about the bloke who made the master, just so this and lots of other models, could be put together by numbers.

Now the bloke who made the master, from absolutely NOTHING, well, to me, he is the expert model maker, not the bod who bought the bit and just stuck it together and painted it.

Please give credit, where credit IS DUE.

regards greenie [smiley=vrolijk_1.gif]

More
14 years 4 months ago #1463 by Jake Brake
Hi Bigcam, thanks for the info. I think Kirbys 2300 originally had a cement agitator when new, that's probably why the chassis's rusted.
I remember Laurie telling me when he purchased the 2300 it still had the original 6 cylinder petrol engine and 5x4 gearbox's but it was too slow and tired. Out came the petrol and in with the 6-71GM and also the 5 speed gearbox was taken out and replaced with a 13 speed O.Drive and left the 4 speed joey in (13 x 4).
I rode with Kirby many times watching him go through those gears stirring those twin sticks and not screwing up and he surely had that GM playing a tune. I do recall that he wore out the 6-71GM and put a reco 6-71GM back in.
I think he regrets getting rid of it.
He now has done a Road Boss up and it looks quite smart with all the bells and whistles.
Jake Brake

More
14 years 4 months ago #1464 by bigcam
Hi Jake,I talked to Laurie and your right,he put a 6/71 and 10 speed in it,and later on he put a pretty flash 6/71T in it.When I talked to him he was obviously quite fond of the truck.When you look at it as well he hasn't taken any short cuts it's been done well.

More
14 years 4 months ago #1465 by aussiebigbangers

.....check out this 1/25th scale S model Beddy that Danny Turner has just finished

truckmadpeople.smfforfree3.com/index.php/topic,383.0.html

absolute cracker I reckon

Werkhorse, sorry, I got to disagree with you on this statement --- absolute cracker I reckon.

Ok, it's a good model as far as that goes, BUT, he aint the one you should be patting on the back.

What about the bloke who made the master, just so this and lots of other models, could be put together by numbers.

Now the bloke who made the master, from absolutely NOTHING, well, to me, he is the expert model maker, not the bod who bought the bit and just stuck it together and painted it.

Please give credit, where credit IS DUE.

regards greenie [smiley=vrolijk_1.gif]

Can not see the point of your post ??
A lot more than just sticking these together and painting them. ::) ::).Yes the moulds are good but its up to the builder to finish them of. ;) Lots of preparation on the resin moulds needed before you start ( just sticking them together and painting them as you state. ;) )
The post was just showing someone a model of the bedy ??

David. 8-)

! !  Without Trucks Australia Stops  ! !

• Topic Author
14 years 4 months ago #1466 by
Gee Deadly ,
just far too much junk to list , Lin and I have been very fortunate -
for starters
SPLITTING GUNS
ANTIQUE STATIONARY ENGINES (over 120 )
ANTIQUE CHAINSAWS ( OVER 150 ) ESPECIALLY 2 MAN

BLACK MOTOR BUGGY 1906 ( PRIDE OF PLACE IN THE COLLECTION )
http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/zz7/highwheeler/BLACKMOTORBUGGY.jpg?t=1260666410
1927 CHEV TRUCK
1937 DIAMOND T MODEL 212 and
a few old WHITE trucks
http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/zz7/highwheeler/HISTORIC%20COMMERCIAL%20VEHICLE%20CLUB%20SANDOWN%202009/DSC01614.jpg?t=1260666717
and our latest acquisition LINS' NEW RIDE with original 6V53 DETROIT
http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/zz7/highwheeler/WHITE.jpg?t=1260666787
Far tooo much other junk to list , cheers Clarke . :-[

Time to create page: 0.549 seconds