Skip to main content

New Member.

More
13 years 10 months ago #30998 by Stew70
New Member. was created by Stew70
Hi everyone!

My name is Stewart, I'm from Melbourne.

Firstly! What a site. Awesome. I am a truck fan and stumbled across your forum some weeks ago actually looking for pics of Dodge Trucks.

So I've been reading a lot of your posts, looking at some of your photos and I have to say, holy s***.

I'll try to keep this short.... Hehe.

I grew up with a Dad that drove for a living. He drove for a small company in melbourne (2 men & 2 trucks) carting stock feed to farms in Melb and outer/country areas. This was all during late 60's, 70's and early 80's.

The trucks were a Bedford (long nose - approx 4-5 tonne) nicknamed the little truck and the other was a Dodge 660, nicknamed the big truck.

You see because I was a young tacker, I'm going by memory. But my favorate was of course the Dodge.

Sure I'd gone out on deliveries with Dad in the Bedford but it was the Dodge thats been burnt into my memory for ever.

So. You now have another Dodge fan on your hands.

After looking at your forum I've found out some things about the Dodge and I can now pass onto you.

It was an AT4 (cant remember year). It was v8. (I now know it would have been a 318). It had a 5 speed with the red button attached. (obviously 2 speed diff).

The last time I saw this truck was 1982 (I was 12). All I remember is that V8 sounded awesome. It seemed powerful, it was bigger that the Bedford and I was in love. Hehe...

The company has since gone but the Dodge was apparently used for other things. My Dad ended up driving elseware.

After years passing I decided to get my licence. So at the age of 32 I got my Heavy Rigid licence with road ranger g/box.

I've done some driving too now for a few companies but my ultimate goal now is to buy a Dodge to drive and appreciate on weekends.

I haven't seen a Dodge for some time now and to see some of you pics actually has fired me up more than ever.

I would love to see more of your pics or even video with that v8 rumble.

When I come across some pics I'll post them.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #30999 by HeyCharger
Replied by HeyCharger on topic Re: New Member.
Welcome to our little part of a fantastic world.
Never be afraid to ask questions here. There is a wealth of information.
Regards, Rod.

Proud owner of;
1948 Massey Harris 44K.
1946 Ford Semi-Trailer Bus.

More
13 years 10 months ago #31000 by GM Diesel
Replied by GM Diesel on topic Re: New Member.
Welcome to the forum bloke....lots of Dodgy fans here so you'll be right.
Some of the crew arnt that flash looking but there bright :D

Basil

GM Diesels - Converting diesel into noise since 1938.

Time to create page: 0.463 seconds