Skip to main content

problem with joining up

More
13 years 9 months ago #31418 by melonreo
i have a friend that has registed as diamondnutt a fair while ago and has never been able to get on line , he has been sending emails to the forgotten password link ---but no replies , he is from a long way from me and he visited me a while back and we tried everthing on my computer and no better .. i have looked on the members list and diamondnutt does not exist , but when he tries to register it again with a different email adress it tell him that the name diamondnutt is already taken...
can one of the administrators step in and try to fix this , this guy is busting to share the fruits of his labour,,,,,,,but is getting bitterly disapointed with it all

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
13 years 9 months ago #31419 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: problem with joining up

GuddayM8

Eye dunno much
but wot hapens @ times when U try n register as a username n it stuffs up
th@ user name is remembered by the pewter
so U gotta do it all again n alter the user name
till U get it right
if diamondnutt iz remembered by the pewter
try a new username registration az
diamondnut
or
diamondutt
or
diamonutt
or RuffCutDiamond
LOL

If U can understand all the above
May B U should now xplain it 2 me
LOL
Cya
[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

13 years 9 months ago #31420 by
Replied by on topic Re: problem with joining up
Melonreo,

The best thing to do is PM one of the admin's direct. (Which you have done also!) While we do like you all read many or all of the posts. Their is always a chance we will miss some!

Our user names are easily found as they are different colours to the other members in the lists.

It is pretty much as Swishy has mentioned.

Once a new member fills in all the required information they are then sent a email automatically to verify that a valid email (and hopefully valid person :D) has been given. In the email is a link (and instructions) which needs to be clicked on to validate the account. While the account is awaiting validation the account name has been taken. And will remain so until it has either been validated and becomes full member account or a time out expires.

The time out for a account to be validated is currently set to 24 hrs. If an account has not been validated within this time it becomes free again.

As the account did not appear in the members list the forgotten password link would also not work. As the account had never been validated!

As I mentioned to you via pm the account was again created and awaiting validation. Which I have done manually. So the account should now work.

PM me if you have further problems.

More
13 years 9 months ago #31421 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Re: problem with joining up
I think I have fixed diamondnutt I have emailed the details to him and melonreo. We will see what happens

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
13 years 9 months ago #31422 by diamondnutt
Good Morning All
Diamondnutt has finally made It!!!!!! After trying since April 2009. Thanks everyone for getting us in especially Melonreo. Watch the forum for up loads of our projects.
Diamondnutt, Ourimbah NSW :) :) ;

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
13 years 9 months ago #31423 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: problem with joining up

DiamondNutt
GuddayM8
Well cum to the 4um
LOL

U mean to say U been lurkin in the Background
Listnin 2 all the BS
n U aint been able to contribute ;D
LOL

Ok so we all need stories, pix n info
Fiction/nonfiction OK

Give till It Hutz
Thanx in Advance
Cya
[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #31424 by
Replied by on topic Re: problem with joining up
Welcome Diamondnutt! [smiley=birthdays.gif]

Sorry you had such troubles. It is a shame to protect the forum from trouble makers we have to put protections in place. Which can cause some issue to true members!

But your here now. Cant wait to see what your up to (pix are always well received (info on how to post pics is in the forum FAQ)). And never hesitate to join in with the BS! ;D

All Fun!

Time to create page: 0.462 seconds