Skip to main content

Open For Ideas

More
12 years 11 months ago #53504 by GM Diesel
Open For Ideas was created by GM Diesel
Howdy,

Ive been thinking about bringing the 190 over to Vic and leaving it there so Ive got my own buggy to attend a few runs. Deb and I had planned on driving to Vic in Sept in the Jeep for abit of a holiday and the idea came into my head....put the Jeep on the back of the 190 and kill two birds with one trip.

I will have to make up a frame to park it on and there will be around 1700mm overhang. I think I would have to have a light bar and a token anti go underneath frame to keep Sarge's mates happy :).

Has anyone done this before or got any ideas ?

Basil

GM Diesels - Converting diesel into noise since 1938.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #53505 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: Open For Ideas
Good Plan Baz, Rear overhang at 1700 from the cebtre of the rear wheel should be cool, it is 60% of the wheelbase or 3700 which ever is lessor, I wouldn't worry about the 3700 with your wheelbase.
You need rear under run protection if your wheels are more than 600mm under the tray, tail lights need to be with in 300 of the rear of the tray.
If you've still got the car carrier there you could lop the top deck off and get a bit more gear over, then wheel it round to simms when your over in VIC.

More
12 years 11 months ago #53506 by GM Diesel
Replied by GM Diesel on topic Re: Open For Ideas
Thanks Cam,

It will look abit odd with the Jeep sitting up on there but it will work I reckon. The couple of ton will make the old 90 ride more comfortable to.
The 1700 is from the end of the chassis so it will be about 2100 from the center of the axle. Wheelbase is 5100. Weight bias on the jeep is around 60 / 40 so the heavier end will be ahead of and over the drive.

Basil

12 years 11 months ago #53507 by
Replied by on topic Re: Open For Ideas
Basil,

A mate of mine has a scania prime mover. And as he doesn't have a trailer or semi license he built a frame on the back so that he can move his Steam truck on.

Lucky the steam truck is short!

I haven't got any photos of the rig. But Atkipete has one.
[img

Scania 111 by atkipete , on Flickr

More
12 years 11 months ago #53508 by GM Diesel
Replied by GM Diesel on topic Re: Open For Ideas
Thanks for replies.
I reckon I will just get away with it if I take the spare wheel of the back of the jeep and throw it inside.

I could balance Debs Smart car on the turntable and wouldnt need to make any frame :D...Dont think I want to drive that across the paddock coming home though.

Basil

Basil

Time to create page: 0.477 seconds