Skip to main content

Spam Topic from Earlier Today

12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #56299 by
Replied by on topic Re: Spam Topic from Earlier Today
This forum runs with an automated authentication system. This was introduced very early on as this forum gets dozens of new member requests a day! I do not have the time to connect every day and review all of them! I wouldn't have time to do it every week even!

Certainly do not have the time or opportunity to verify each IP address or other site will not occur due to the time issue. In the end a user is decided to be a spammer based on their actions. This "Spammer" that caused the creation of this post based on the resultant action could have been a regular user nothing special except for they pressed post to early and failed to notice a large amount of text or pictures were in the post.

It is a price we pay to having an automated system that once in a while we can get issues. And the obvious ones are always cleaned up as soon as possible. If they are missed don't post to the topic just alert a Forum Admin or Moderator and we will take care of it as required.

And make sure you run on your computer proper virus checking and security software. To protect your computer and privacy.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #56300 by
Oh and DieselDaveDevito well aware of doing Whois etc as well as the other items you suggest. But as mentioned not enough time in the day to manually verify all requests made to join this forum. Also we are constrained with the software that this forum operates.

And it is on purpose that they misspell. They do it so as to avoid some Mail checking applications are rule based. They never misspell it enough to lose the meaning. But enough to avoid the rule checking from working.

More
12 years 10 months ago #56301 by insomniac
Ok Cool the idea was just to pass some useful info to the people who are not aware of it so they can use it for themselves.
Not having any shots at any one or telling people how to do their jobs in any way.
True on the misspelling as well, but it still sucks in some poor innocent bugger every so often.

DDD :)
--

nothing is foolproof because fools are too ingenious

12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #56302 by
No worries.

Timely reminder don't trust any one especially not on the Internet!

Trust me! :D ;D :D

More
12 years 10 months ago #56303 by insomniac

No worries.

Timely reminder don't truck any one especially not on the Internet!

Trust me! :D ;D :D

[hr]
Yep could not agree more.

DDD
--

Be polite. Be professional. But have a /Backup/ plan to kill everyone you meet.

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #56304 by Rusty Engines
And it is on purpose that they misspell. They do it so as to avoid some Mail checking applications are rule based.
I find that very ineresting as somtimes I have no idear what 'Swishy' is saying
Ian
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by Rusty Engines.

More
12 years 10 months ago #56305 by Chocs
I think even Swishy has that problem, Ian
He has his own form of undetectable lingo!!
Good on ya Swish!! ;D ;D
chocs 8-)

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
12 years 10 months ago #56306 by Swishy
Wo
SayU

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
12 years 10 months ago #56307 by insomniac

Being a competent pixelmanipyul8tor, Swishy should be able to create a symbolic answer to a puzzle like so.

Symbol 1 , a fish / sym 2, a donkey above the fish / sym 3, a shovel / sym 4, a man / .
Religious persons may add another symbol of the hero of their own choice at the end line but it`s not mandatory. Being

Being symbolic the story should be created in Hebrew symbols or if it`s treasure related / $$ heir"o" glyphics.

DDD
--

A conclusion is not a destination , it`s just a convenient place to stop thinking.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
12 years 10 months ago #56308 by Swishy

Triple D
Gudday M8

RE: Symbol 1 , a fish / sym 2, a donkey above the fish / sym 3, a shovel / sym 4, a man / .

Eye dont quite get the gist of wotcha want

Sumthing not like thiz ?

LOL
Cya
[ch9786]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

Time to create page: 0.632 seconds