Skip to main content

My 1950A is on the road....

More
15 years 6 months ago #5163 by kennymopar
Bono as for fuel consumption the neuss motors are very economical i was getting a average of 20L/100kms in my old acco..& that was working the motor hard going interstate with full loads ...the UD that i have now (that replaced the acco in march this year) never gets better than 28L/100kms ... but maybe my neuss was cheap on fuel because of the efficiency of the turbo

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
15 years 6 months ago #5164 by Bono
Thx Kenny,

I'll have to keep a closer eye on it. It seems a little thirstier than that.

I plan on being at sandown, dont know about the truck though, seen some of the trucks u guys have. She needs alot more work to be presentable.

Cheers

More
15 years 6 months ago #5165 by ray
Replied by ray on topic Re: My 1950A is on the road....
Hi Bono,
It's not always the look of the truck that's important, it's the effort that goes into keeping them on the road that counts. You will see plenty of trucks at Sandown that are non restored, they have been left as they were when taken out of service. In fact some are still in use, so don't be shy about bringing it along.

More
15 years 6 months ago #5166 by Bono
Hi Ray,

Well, putting it that way i might just get her to the show too.

Cheers Bono.

More
15 years 6 months ago #5167 by GM Diesel
Bono,

Im with Ray. If you enjoy driving it bring it along and have some fun.
No one decent will ever pick on a work in progress plus a bit of battle damage is sometimes good at a show to tone the chrome down abit.
Might be looking for somwhere for a bit of a midday sleep so make sure your parcel shelf isnt full of crap. :D

Barry

GM Diesels - Converting diesel into noise since 1938.

More
15 years 6 months ago #5168 by Andy Wright

Might be looking for somwhere for a bit of a midday sleep so make sure your parcel shelf isnt full of crap.

Phew, the TK is safe. ;)

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr

More
15 years 6 months ago #5169 by Bono
LOL no worries Barry its all yours..... bloody big parcels back in the day ...lol
Cheers bono

More
15 years 6 months ago #5170 by atkipete
Good work Bono, keep the old girl on the job. If you can get to Sandown, i will catch up then.

More
15 years 6 months ago #5171 by Bono
Thx Pete, the book is pretty full for the next few weeks. I hope to start in earnest this season, give the 9-5 away.

Heres hoping ....cheers Bono.

More
15 years 6 months ago - 15 years 6 months ago #5172 by Bono
Smoked Acco anyone......?

What a weekend. Took the ACCO to the otherside of town on the weekend. Had a great 1st day. It did everything it was supposed to.

Seemed to get an air leak near to the tank. Put a joiner in to fix it. Must have sparked a short in the process up the line.

Fixed the air ok, took another last look - the wire to the fuel sender was cooking, rushed to switch off the engine, but did some damage.

The wires were intertwined with the airlines, so these ruptured too. Lucky it did all catch alight

At the elec now after getting the air patched up.

What a weekend, stillwhen she did run man was it sweet

Cheers Bono.
Last edit: 15 years 6 months ago by Bono.

Time to create page: 0.515 seconds