Skip to main content

Names

• Topic Author
11 years 8 months ago #92524 by
Replied by on topic Re: Names
My 1934 British Bedford is known as "Hilda" name after my mum as she had to put with lot trucks parked up her drive way over the years and she was a good sort to . Dave :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #92525 by Dodge fan
Replied by Dodge fan on topic Re: Names

Hey Billy, my Dodge has "Miss Angie-Lee" painted down both sides of the bonnet. Angie-Lee is the daughter of a previous owner.

Sweet name bigcam! :) I remember as a youngun years ago lots of trucks had great names. Seems to have gone by the wayside these days :-/
Billy 8-)

Playing around at Dodge City
Dodge AT4-760&&FB Holden Ute
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by Dodge fan.

• Topic Author
11 years 8 months ago #92526 by
You dont see many around now and those who have names of the kids etc have on the back wall of the sleeper . Dave

• Topic Author
11 years 8 months ago #92527 by
Hey 903cam is that Inter "BIG BERTHA" is that truck near Dareton.

• Topic Author
11 years 8 months ago #92528 by
No mate she's at Wood Wood..

More
11 years 8 months ago #92529 by Motu
Replied by Motu on topic Re: Names

Motu, are you thinking of the one owned by Foley's Transport from Waipukurau?

If they were a regular in Auckland, because that is where I saw it around. Pretty sure named as I wrote it too - Gail as in the girl.

More
11 years 8 months ago #92530 by VicHung
Replied by VicHung on topic Re: Names
It is probably another one then, Motu, as Foley's one was definitely spelt Gale, as in the wind. I am sure of that because, as well as remembering it, I looked up a photo of it in Graeme Carter and David Lowe's book FODEN IN NEW ZEALAND to make sure. It is quite possible that another truck had a similar name as it's a fairly obvious name for a 2-stroke Foden; I know, as I used to drive one :) :) :)

More
11 years 8 months ago #92531 by BK
Replied by BK on topic Re: Names
My flintstone was painted (after a 360 a/t) light blue cab with dark blue chassis, rims and tanks, so it was "Old Blue"
A W model I drove from Beaudesert was called "'Desert Lady" and a Mack Trident, " 'Desert Dog"

Trust me

More
11 years 8 months ago #92532 by Motu
Replied by Motu on topic Re: Names

It is quite possible that another truck had a similar name as it's a fairly obvious name for a 2-stroke Foden; I know, as I used to drive one :) :) :)

Served my time under a guy who worked for Fodens in Penrose for 10 years - I leaned a lot about Fodens without even working on one. One of Winstone's Foden quarry trucks came into the workshop when I worked there - a look was as close as I got.

• Topic Author
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #92533 by
...at the time of purchase in 1992, the '66 Peterbilt COE sleeper was christened ''Grandads axe'' by Mike Box at Bay City Trucks when it was realised there wasn't much left that was original... ;D ;D ;D

after paint, the name was signwritten across the (kenworth ::) ::)) visor....got a few knowing laughs...and also a few blank stares

Time to create page: 0.547 seconds