Skip to main content

Ebay Fools !

More
12 years 2 months ago #77058 by Scummy
Ebay Fools ! was created by Scummy
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationThis item on ebay comes from the ertl rubber duck mack kit and is a replica of the angry duck on the bonnett . IT IS MADE OF PLASTIC AND YOU GLUE IT TOGETHER , i hope the bidders have read that .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #77059 by greenie
Replied by greenie on topic Re: Ebay Fools !
Leave 'em alone, the fool who buys it, will soon realise he's been taken for a ride. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Only wish it were me doin' the sellin', lurv it when ya' reel in suckers like that. ::)

regards greenie [smiley=vrolijk_1.gif]

More
12 years 2 months ago #77060 by Snaws2
Replied by Snaws2 on topic Re: Ebay Fools !
I love ebay fools

My young bloke just brought what he thought was 1 guitar strap for $14:95 from a bloke in the USA.
When he said to me that the postage was $70 I thought that as steep and wondered if it was express service or similar.
When it arrived the young bloke found out why it cost so much.
He had brought 100 guitar straps ;D ;D ;D

Snaws

1952 Austin Loadstar&&&&Outside of a dog

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #77061 by Scummy
Replied by Scummy on topic Re: Ebay Fools !

I love ebay fools

My young bloke just brought what he thought was 1 guitar strap for $14:95 from a bloke in the USA.
When he said to me that the postage was $70 I thought that as steep and wondered if it was express service or similar.
When it arrived the young bloke found out why it cost so much.
He had brought 100 guitar straps ;D ;D ;D

Snaws

Betta start buying more guitars i spose ? ::)
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by Scummy.

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #77062 by q4016lanz
Replied by q4016lanz on topic Re: Ebay Fools !
Hi you have to watch how you buy of in the states i just bourt a brake band for a TD5 made in USA one ebay guy wanted $245 for the brake band and $ 255 freight. I got mine from tractorparts.com The brake band was $175 freight $ 47.95 delived to my door :)
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by q4016lanz.

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #77063 by hoarder1
Replied by hoarder1 on topic Re: Ebay Fools !
Ebay opens up the doors for us as consumers to access previously unknown products and unknown sellers. Most of these products are great, and the sellers are only looking to expand their hobby or legitimate business.

Of course, within any industry and hobby, their are shysters and people who are willing to take your money without ever having any intention of delivering what you want. There are also fools selling, who have no idea how to send items (and charge accordingly) overseas.

There are just as many fools buying as there are selling on auction sites.

The old adage of 'Buyer Beware' applies to Ebay and the internet.

My theory (as a 10 year buyer, very occasional seller) on Ebay is "If you don't know what you are buying, or don't know who you are buying from; keep your money". I'll almost guarantee that another of the same item will crop up eventually. Alternatively, if you don't mind gambling, take a punt, but only the amount you are prepared to lose.

Collector and admirer of ye olde crappe.  I'm interested in researching and collecting old numb
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by hoarder1.

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #77064 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Re: Ebay Fools !
the other thing is don't forget the postage/pcikup costs either,

Very easy to pick up a $3500 dollar item you can buy around the corner for $2000 then spend another $2000 getting it home

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by bparo.

Time to create page: 0.473 seconds