Skip to main content

'62 'Seattle' 925 KW

More
12 years 1 week ago #81030 by seattle62kw
From about '82 i've been a bit obcessed with the old Outlaw Transport '62 923 Kenworth and have developed a love for the 'Seattle' Kenworths from there.
After doing a resin conversion for the '66 K-100 a few years ago i decided to pull the proverbial finger out and do a '60 - '66 923/925. Over the last few years i've managed to get all the measurements i needed and now after a 2 month thrash scratch building the masters for the cab and bonnet and chassis i finally have one! This one is the first test build and as soon as i've done the Fuel Scoop (half done already) i'll be attacking the old Outlaw truck. This one has an 8V71N, R/R and Torsion Bars.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 week ago - 12 years 1 week ago #81031 by
Replied by on topic Re: '62 'Seattle' 925 KW
g'day seattle 62kw .. you're doing a great job..is it based off an american kit ? (please excuse my ignorance otherwise)

only hoping to help...all australian 900 series kenworths had the exhaust mounted up the LH side of the cab...

keep up the great work...cheers

More
12 years 1 week ago #81032 by Chocs
Replied by Chocs on topic Re: '62 'Seattle' 925 KW
What a great job!
Thank you for sharing the piccys and info with us..
I admire your patience and skill. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

good work!

chocs 8-)

More
12 years 1 week ago #81033 by seattle62kw
Thanks guys :) Actually it isn't based on any production kit, the tyres are the only parts i haven't manufactured. Kind of got sick of having to spend $100 - 150.00 on a donor W-Model kit just for the chassis so i moulded the chassis x-members and entire front end including the chassis drop down sections and made my own chassis rails from 1.5mm plastic sheet and then made them into 'C' channels and added bolt heads where they were needed. I'm going to start selling the chassis' as well but want to mould up an RT440 Hendrickson and NH and
NTC Cummins so i can offer some options from the 8V71 and Torsion Bars. Funny, but i actually realised i'd put the exhaust on the wrong side just as i'd glued it on, very tempted now to put another one on the other side!

More
12 years 1 week ago #81034 by jms52
Replied by jms52 on topic Re: '62 'Seattle' 925 KW
Great model photo's look great i wish i had your patience for detail

Good work

Time to create page: 0.425 seconds