Skip to main content

Taranto Twinro K123 Rebuild

More
11 years 11 months ago #81945 by seattle62kw
Ah, who needs sticking batteries! Actually that's next on the list, got the box and batteries ready to slip into the chassis, just have to make up the chequer plate cover and rubber hold downs for it. What do you reckon about the engine rake, too pronounced isn't it?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #81946 by greenie

What do you reckon about the engine rake, too pronounced isn't it?

G'day Evan, got to say that the engine looks like it's dropped a mount and about to fall out, eh. ;D ;D

regards greenie [smiley=vrolijk_1.gif]

More
11 years 11 months ago #81947 by melonreo

What do you reckon about the engine rake, too pronounced isn't it?

G'day Evan, got to say that the engine looks like it's dropped a mount and about to fall out, eh. ;D ;D

greenie thats the last thing you need with a GM is a constant heading up hill ;D

More
11 years 11 months ago #81948 by seattle62kw
LOL, yeah you're right Greenie! As long as i don't have to mess with the intake and exhaust pipes i think i'll try and drop her down in the front tonight while i've still got time before the cab goes on for good.

More
11 years 11 months ago #81949 by camma
Where are the oil leaks?

Please help me. I need Commer Parts

11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #81950 by
Replied by on topic Re: Taranto Twinro K123 Rebuild
evan.. ol' mate..you're under the pump in more ways than one !

keep chippin' away and never mind the ''noise'' too much ;) ;) ;D ;D ;D

More
11 years 10 months ago #81951 by Young Fella
For those of you that didn't get to the NNL at Ballarat last weekend, he Evan's Taranto's jigger all finished. Evan, you have done an outstanding job mate.

More
11 years 10 months ago #81952 by seattle62kw
Wow, you got some good shots there! I haven't taken any since i finished it, mainly cause the left mirror frame got smashed in half on the way home from Ballarat! That's a good thing though as the mirrors are WAY too big! Can't believe i didn't notice it sooner, but it's all good as i've just made a new pair and just have to paint the frames. Also haven't finished the 1/4 guards yet but they'll be done in a few days...then i'll photograph it properly :)
In the meantime i've stripped my old green and white Seattle K100 tipper, lengthened the chassis 100mm, put a new cab on it, Russ bullbar and am almost finished scratch building a McGrath 20' tray and all in 10 days! Don't know if McGrath ever made rigid trays, but i have!

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #81953 by greenie
Psst Evan, better do something to the air cleaner rubber elbows, they look like something the dog just chewed on ( see the last photo ). ::) ::)

Definitely not up to your usual standard, now is it, eh. :o :o :o

Now aint it a bugger just what the camera can pick up. :-[ :-[

More
11 years 10 months ago #81954 by seattle62kw
Not wrong Greenie! I honestly didn't even notice that, then again i didn't notice the mirrors either!, think i'm slipping a couple of cogs here!

Time to create page: 0.536 seconds