Skip to main content

Modern truck

More
7 years 8 months ago #173738 by Dave_64
Replied by Dave_64 on topic Modern truck
Be interesting to see what happens to all that gear up on Bouganville, looks like Rio Tinto has washed their hands of the whole shooting match. If so, who will claim it? The Provisional Govt or the N G govt? Reading what has been written, the locals would surely be entitled to flog it off, but being in both an isolated area as well as the locals intense dislike of 'foreigners', it would possibly only be of scrap value? Been sitting there for over twenty five odd years, you would guess the cost of even getting them back up to scratch to be sold as going concerns would be out of the question. Rio Tinto has openly stated that they will not be spending any more money on the Island. The locals are hardly in a position to effect repairs and the cost of a third party removing them just may not be worth the investment of capital. Given the political mood there as well as a possible seccession movement, would any third party be interested in them at all? Probably end up like a lot of gear abandoned after the end of WW2, left to rot away in the jungle. Interesting.
Dave_64

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #174997 by Roderick Smith
Replied by Roderick Smith on topic Modern truck
There is a lengthy thread on fire appliances in the Historic Truck section, but this one is modern.
161003M Melbourne Herald Sun - Laverton North (Melbourne, Vic), recycling-depot fire, an appliance arriving.

Roderick

Attachments:

More
7 years 6 months ago #175021 by werkhorse
Replied by werkhorse on topic Modern truck
most likely an Iveco...based on the old Inter Acco

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same
The following user(s) said Thank You: Roderick Smith

More
7 years 6 months ago #175041 by Roderick Smith
I'm not sure if this counts as 'light': I interpret the cutoff as needing an endorsed licence.
Roderick.

Abandoned truck on Exhibition St has been causing chaos and could be there until mid-November.
Wed.5.10.16 Herald Sun.
An abandoned truck that has been blocking traffic and endangering cyclists in a busy CBD street could be there till mid-November.
The vehicle was dumped in Exhibition St — between La Trobe and Lt Lonsdale, as long ago as August and has been clogging up the bike lane, which is an evening clearway.
The abandoned truck has been there for at least a month and could be until November, 21, before it is towed away.
The vehicle, which is missing a front numberplate, is even hanging over into the left traffic lane, causing a risk to traffic and making cyclists swerve around.
Local traders are fed up but council regulations means there’s not much to do but wait.
One shop owner told the Herald Sun the unmarked Isuzu was left more than a month before council issued a tow-away ticket on September 21, giving 60 days’ notice.
“I get stuff in the mail to tell me to vote for them in the election. Why don’t they move this truck and then I’ll vote,’’ she said.
Bicycle Network chief executive Craig Richards said that if the truck was blocking a traffic lane, it would have been towed away a long time ago.
“It’s ridiculous that an abandoned truck has been left to languish in a peak hour bike lane — putting the lives of bike riders at risk.
“This is a busy, central bike route and the truck is a dangerous hazard forcing bike riders to swerve out in to the traffic lane.”
Under local government regulations, the street is not a tow-away zone, such as King St, so any vehicle is given 60 days to be removed.
City of Melbourne acting chief executive Martin Cutter said the council was aware of the vehicle.
“The bike lane is not a tow-away clearway. The Local Government Act gives the City of Melbourne the power to deem a vehicle to be abandoned. For an abandoned vehicle that is registered, the period of notification is based on the Local Government Legislation Amendment Act, which states 60 days’ notice must be given to the owner before the removal of a vehicle.’’
The council has been unable to contact the vehicle’s owner, Mr Cutter said.
< www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/aband...6742f3f32dfffdb7d14d >

Attachments:

More
7 years 6 months ago #175046 by Roderick Smith
Replied by Roderick Smith on topic Modern truck
161005W Melbourne Herald Sun - Barkers Rd, Kew Hawthorn (Melbourne, Vic.): Appliance attending a tree fallen over the road. Tues.4.10.16.

Roderick
Attachments:

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #175068 by werkhorse
Replied by werkhorse on topic Modern truck
P series Scania ;)

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by werkhorse.

More
7 years 6 months ago #175078 by Roderick Smith
Replied by Roderick Smith on topic Abandoned truck
Events moved fast after the publicity.

Roderick

Paltry fine for owner of abandoned truck after blocking traffic for six weeks on Exhibition St.
Herald Sun October 5, 2016.
THE owner of a truck abandoned on a busy Melbourne CBD street will be fined just $155 — despite blocking traffic for about six weeks.
The vehicle was dumped in Exhibition St — between La Trobe and Lt Lonsdale streets, as long ago as August, causing traffic chaos and clogging up a bike lane, which is an evening clearway.
The owner reclaimed the vehicle late last night.
Local shop owners arrived for work today to find the vehicle had been removed.
City of Melbourne acting chief executive Martin Cutter said the council contacted the owner late yesterday afternoon, soon after the Herald Sun raised the issue.
The owner’s family said they were unaware the vehicle had been abandoned.
The abandoned truck had been there for at least a month.
“The vehicle was initially issued with a $155 infringement for being in a ‘No Stopping’ area, prior to the abandoned vehicle notice being placed on its windscreen,’’ Mr Cutter said.
“The vehicle’s owner is still required to pay the $155 penalty, despite the vehicle having now been moved.’’
It was not known what was inside the truck, if anything.
The vehicle, which was missing a front numberplate, was hanging over into the left traffic lane, causing a risk to traffic and making cyclists swerve around.
One shop owner told the Herald Sun the unmarked Isuzu was left more than a month before council issued a tow-away ticket on September 21, giving 60 days’ notice.
“I get stuff in the mail to tell me to vote for them in the election. Why don’t they move this truck and then I’ll vote,’’ she said.
Bicycle Network chief executive Craig Richards said that if the truck was blocking a traffic lane, it would have been towed away a long time ago.
“It’s ridiculous that an abandoned truck has been left to languish in a peak hour bike lane — putting the lives of bike riders at risk.
“This is a busy, central bike route and the truck is a dangerous hazard forcing bike riders to swerve out in to the traffic lane.”
Under local government regulations, the street is not a tow-away zone, such as King St, so any vehicle is given 60 days to be removed.
Mr Cutter said the bike lane was not a tow-away clearway.
“The Local Government Act gives the City of Melbourne the power to deem a vehicle to be abandoned. For an abandoned vehicle that is registered, the period of notification is based on the Local Government Legislation Amendment Act, which states 60 days’ notice must be given to the owner before the removal of a vehicle.’’
< www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/aband...6742f3f32dfffdb7d14d > 95 comments, most/all caustic.

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #175174 by Roderick Smith
161009Su Melbourne Herald Sun: appliance at a pub fire in Carlton (Melbourne, Vic.).
I found my modern police car / police van thread, in General. I have reposted the VF Commodore police van there, and removed it here.
Roderick.
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Roderick Smith. Reason: Photo relocated.

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #175181 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic Modern fire appliance
VE / VF Commodore.

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by asw120.

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #175248 by werkhorse
Replied by werkhorse on topic Modern fire appliance
And another P series Scania ;)

Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by werkhorse.

Time to create page: 0.535 seconds