Skip to main content

Kenworth Tilt Trays

More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #124993 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: Kenworth Tilt Trays
Hi Kenny, the C 500 I'd guess has a CAT just looking at the mudflaps, Col reckons it is the only truck he has had that would do that. The Tilt Tray is 550 or 600 HP as well, got a Cummins in it. I thought Werkhorse might recognize it being as it is from his neck of the woods. The 10X4 is "only" about 400 HP too.
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by bigcam.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #124994 by werkhorse
Replied by werkhorse on topic Re: Kenworth Tilt Trays
Hey Cam ... It turns out the 608s only driver when it was with Samjack is a regular at work. Said it was the last one of the fleet to be sold off. He was happy to see its going to have another good life.

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #124995 by
Replied by on topic Re: Kenworth Tilt Trays

Hi Kenny, the C 500 I'd guess has a CAT just looking at the mudflaps, Col reckons it is the only truck he has had that would do that. The Tilt Tray is 550 or 600 HP as well, got a Cummins in it. I thought Werkhorse might recognize it being as it is from his neck of the woods. The 10X4 is "only" about 400 HP too.

....hey bigcam .. maybe he should just tighten up all the chassis bolts ;D ;D ;D ;D

More
10 years 8 months ago #124996 by kenny-mopar
Replied by kenny-mopar on topic Re: Kenworth Tilt Trays

with the "tri drive" they dont really seem to have much of a GVM increase over a boggie drive? .. 600hp is only something that i could ever dream of

More
10 years 8 months ago #124997 by bigcam
Kenny, they are still bogie drive with a lazy axle, still makes the group a tri, we do a few, either pushers or lazies. Not thast much increase in GVM, same as any group in a combination, 16.5 tonnes on a bogie, 20 tonnes on a tri.

10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #124998 by
Replied by on topic Re: Kenworth Tilt Trays

Hi Bigcam. That one is Col Taylor from Kurrajong,now operates out of a yard at Penrith.That photo was taken in the late 1990's and is a C501T powered by a 3406 Caterpillar.I think it would be the engine taking off lifting the left side???
I've just looked over this thread a couple of times and can't see the T608 mentioned??? Cheers James.

More
10 years 8 months ago #124999 by werkhorse
Replied by werkhorse on topic Re: Kenworth Tilt Trays
Sorry Jim .... 609 ......these newer les have me bugga'd at times

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #125000 by bigcam
Jimmy, the tilt tray Mate, it's a T 60 something or other, they all look the same to me. LOL.
Pretty sure it had a badge on it somewhere near the bonnet said 608, to be honest, that is the only way I could tell. I took a 604 (it had a badge too) up to Katherine 2 years ago and it looked the same except it was a 6X4 prime mover.
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by bigcam.

More
10 years 8 months ago #125001 by Cunning Stunt
Its a T409S, we had one of those. Those tilts look great Cam especially the one with the lazy axle. Col has some big gear down here, I'm sure I saw a video of his C501 simply climbing a hill and the steer slowly coming off the ground

Some play hard to get

More
10 years 8 months ago #125002 by olddon
Replied by olddon on topic Re: Kenworth Tilt Trays
One of Jack Seatons KW's with a Cat n it ,used to lift about 2 foot every time they dropped the clutch at traffic lights.Used to get a lot of finger pointing !!!!

Time to create page: 0.493 seconds