Skip to main content

Modern buses

More
9 years 8 months ago #142970 by paulc20
Replied by paulc20 on topic Re: Modern buses
In NSW, cannot pass bus at more than 40km/h when lights flashing.
Look at figure 2 of this doc.

www.rms.nsw.gov.au/registration/download..._rev8_august2008.pdf

Paul

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 8 months ago #142971 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Re: Modern buses
The same setup exists on the back of buses in Victoria (or at least those doing a school bus run) and the same rules apply.

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
9 years 8 months ago #142972 by Roderick Smith
More from my contributor Jeff Bounds. Moorabool St Geelong, a McHarry's Scania, a mystery (but probably another McH) and a McHarry's mystery (another Scania?). Sun.18.5.14.

Roderick B Smith
Rail News Victoria Editor

More
9 years 8 months ago #142973 by Roderick Smith
Replied by Roderick Smith on topic Re: Modern buses
The same theme on consecutive days: I have other goods things scanned, but not cleaned and retoned, and I am tight for time finishing an RNV before leaving for Brazil.

Richmond (NSW). Busways Scania/Volgren 1140, one of 20 in the fleet. Wed.4.6.14. (Jeff Bounds)
I have given the streetscape view. That petrol station will be a nostalgia item too, soon enough.

Roderick B Smith

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #142974 by drive56
Replied by drive56 on topic Re: Modern buses
Being Ex truck driver now Coach and route bus driver in Bendigo ,Vic. the give ways signs on the back of the route buses and any others legally do have the right away as discussed with the local men in blue , when they pull out from a bus stop with in reason not just pull straight out in front of traffic just about on top of them like many drivers do also the 40k limit around school buses with their school flashing lights on is about to be implemented in Victoria , Cya Peter.

56 AS 112 Inter pickup being rodded&&58 AS 130 inter tray restoring
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by drive56.

More
9 years 7 months ago #142975 by Roderick Smith
Replied by Roderick Smith on topic Re: Modern buses

This shows a typical Brazil Marcopolo bus: the same maker supplies Australia now. This one has more-generous legroom; all of a toilet; some are taller and have sleeping berths (I saw a twinsteer version of one of these).

Towns have a rodoviario: an elaborate bus station with sheltered bays, multiple ticket offices, snackbar, dining room, toilets, showers, souvenir shops. There are also roadhouses of similar style. On entry you pick up scannable tag, all purchases go on to it, then pay at a cashier on exit. Meals are self serve, and are then charged by weight.

Most central and South American countries run similar bus networks, and much of Asia and Africa. USA is smaller scale, and lacks the elaborate terminals.

Roderick B Smith

140830Sa Santa Cruz (Brazil). Marcopolo bus at a roadhouse.

More
9 years 6 months ago #142976 by BigAl
Replied by BigAl on topic Re: Modern buses
In your McHarry photo, the first is an Express body (Macksville NSW) with the bus behind being a CR228L Volgren probably on Scania or Volvo chassis. Colours look to be Benders or Eastwest (I think it is)

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #142977 by Roderick Smith
This was our group tour bus for several days.
AFAIK the type is exported to Australia.

Roderick B Smith
Rail News Victoria Editor.

Campinas (Brazil). Marcopolo/Volvo outside Sleep Inn. Sun.14.9.14. (Roderick Smith).

Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by Roderick Smith.

More
9 years 6 months ago #142978 by Roderick Smith
I didn't try to measure the length.

Roderick B Smith

140914Su Sao Paulo (Brazil). Busscar twinsteer. R Smith.

More
9 years 6 months ago #142979 by allan
Replied by allan on topic Re: Modern buses
That's serious overhang for such a low slung vehicle, and the front looks to be nearly as great.

Time to create page: 0.543 seconds