Skip to main content

QLD rego when buying ?

More
9 years 10 months ago #143790 by kind_cir
When buying a used truck in Qld that had a COI issued up to 12 months ago. Is that COI still valid and able to be used when transferring the rego? Or is a new one required ?

A win without a challenge

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #143791 by dieseldog
Don't hold me to it but I think they are still valid and able to be used for transfers until 30 days before expiry. It may have changed with all the new NHVR stuff recently.

While we're on the subject, does anyone know if you need a COI for a permit to move an unregistered vehicle in NSW, or will one of those stat dec's for roadworthiness suffice?

More
9 years 10 months ago #143792 by Vic Rhodes

does anyone know if you need a COI for a permit to move an unregistered vehicle in NSW

If It's road registerable, You need a Current (less than 42 days old) RWC..

www.rms.nsw.gov.au/registration/unregisteredvehicles/uvp.html

More
9 years 10 months ago #143793 by wedgetail84

[
If It's road registerable, You need a Current (less than 42 days old) RWC..

Isn't NSW great, RMS just rock my world

More
9 years 10 months ago #143794 by mammoth
Replied by mammoth on topic Re: QLD rego when buying ?
Interesting thing is that if you are going to the trouble of getting a pink slip (RWC) in NSW it is cheaper to get historical rego for the year rather than a 5 day permit.
If you are buying a truck in either NSW or Vic an unreg permit issued in that state is good to get you home in NSW as reciprocal arrangements apply.

More
9 years 10 months ago #143795 by dieseldog

While we're on the subject, does anyone know if you need a COI for a permit to move an unregistered vehicle in NSW, or will one of those stat dec's for roadworthiness suffice?

I will answer my own question here. To move an unregistered vehicle, all you need is the permit and a stat dec to say that it is roadworthy. A tad over $70 for 7 days, can extend up to 28 days and the permit is good for all states and territories except WA.

More
9 years 10 months ago #143796 by lantana jack

I will answer my own question here. To move an unregistered vehicle, all you need is the permit and a stat dec to say that it is roadworthy. A tad over $70 for 7 days, can extend up to 28 days and the permit is good for all states and territories except WA.

Can I, as a QLD resident, buy an unregistered vehicle in say Victoria and get a QLD permit to drive it back to QLD ?

“The improver of natural knowledge absolutely refuses to acknowledge authority, as such. For him, skepticism is the highest of duties; blind faith the one unpardonable sin.” Thomas Huxley

More
9 years 10 months ago #143797 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: QLD rego when buying ?
As far as I know the permit has to be issued in the state the trip starts from.

More
9 years 10 months ago #143798 by geoffb
Replied by geoffb on topic Re: QLD rego when buying ?
I believe you are correct Cam tried to get a permit to take something interstate to sell and if sale didn't happen bring it home. Was informed that would require another permit from where return journey was to start

More
9 years 10 months ago #143799 by CHIPMONK
Replied by CHIPMONK on topic Re: QLD rego when buying ?
i had to get a permit to take truck to mechanics for rego in nsw only could get one for a day cost $44 $22 for permit $22 for insurance tried for a 28 day one they said only if your going to wa or nt you have to get one from where you start good for most states but you can only go from point a to point b

Time to create page: 0.537 seconds