Skip to main content

current truckies behaviour explained

13 years 6 months ago #22711 by
I got some news for you, selby369. I've worked my truck and loader, for 12 solid months, two straight shifts a day, on a nickel mine (8.00AM to 4:00PM, then 4:00PM to midnight) .. 5 days a week .. then after I finished at midnight, I'd often have to go back to my own mine .. to haul a load of my own gold ore .. 60 kms to the gold battery in the nearest town, because they were dependent on me to keep the battery fed and keep 5 blokes in a job. I often never got to bed before 2:00AM most weeknights.

The nickel mine was dependent on me, and me alone, most days, to keep the sand coming for the backfill. Hauling up to 1000 tonnes a day with a Perkins-powered butterbox ACCO on a 2km lead.
Loading myself, and with rarely a helper. If something broke .. guess who had to fix it??
No air-con .. in Summer it was 45

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #22712 by
Hi all, I'd just like to say that I'm appalled by the attitude expressed by some members of this forum.
To pass judgement the way some of you have is terrible. I will have to remember if ever I meet any of you that I might not live up to your expectations.
Regards Jeff.

More
13 years 6 months ago #22713 by Bugly
Certainly a lively discussion indeed! But disco sums it up when he says "pride is what we're talking about". Sure is! There's not a lot of extra effort involved in giving the truck cab a cleanout of cans, containers and other debris. With a busy working truck such as onetrack's, probably no need to polish the chrome or vaccuum the cab out, but I bet the crap was removed and the floor given a quick sweep.

Those that chose not to clean the debris from their truck cabs I would imagine might have personal hygiene problems as well ... after all, it's the same pride involved. ::)

1948 Fordson E83W 10/10 pickup

More
13 years 6 months ago #22714 by Chocs
Hmmmm
The people that know me, know how i like my gear..
I'm not perfect either...but i like clean and tidy gear!
We are all different though..thats a good thing.
I have met some absolutely brilliant mechanics..you'll know who i mean Disco..Their workshops are well..not quite groomed but they are good at the job they do.
I know some brilliant drivers who look like they need a hotwash! I know some really clean operators i wouldn't give the keys to..
So i guess we are all different for a reason..gives us someone to whinge at!
But above all, cleanliness, civility, whatever...still all fairly cheep..
Some see the job as just that,,,a job, a means of earning cash, others see it as a way of life and intergrate into their every being...
Some are 'clean and tidy' people, some are not..
So i reality, he is someones son, maybe someones dad.. he might be doin 'his' best..at something he knows not much about..
I will say a few lessons would be issued prior to continued employment with me... ;)
As long as we are all doin 'our' best at what we do..
Do it easy..
Chocs 8-)

More
13 years 6 months ago #22715 by paul404
Yer fair enough greasy mit prints all over the place, drag dirt in the cab on your boots ok. But at some stage that pig has to fuel that truck up. Would it break his arms to throw his sh!t in the bin then.
Shelby, these blokes arn't the blood and guts of the transport industry, they are the cowboys. They are the type that give the majority of good ones a bad name. Oh yer mate i have walked the walk, both sides mechanic and driver. If you want to work like that then it says alot for your skills. Jobs are a dime a dozen if the jobs crap find a better one. there is no need to work for crap operators.

13 years 6 months ago #22716 by
DISCO, Im not your son..If you want to start a thread on mechanics, Go ahead start one, Ive had issues with clowns driving tow wagons in my time too but that doesnt give me the right to post photos of there gear and the damaged that they have caused all over the net. ONETRACK.. I dont recall accusing anyone of the things that you say in your post.. I said MOST that isnt all or you in particular, But I hardly think that your story in any way could compare to the drivers that I am trying to defend you operate your own gear and reap the rewards as you state for your efforts the blokes that im talking about get paid for about 70% of the hours that they do and that includes owner drivers, casual drivers and company drivers and they dont see the rewards that come from putting in all those extra hours, but you would be hard to please anyway i would think as having a beard and thongs gets to you and Ill post what I like... PAULA404..Who says that I work like that . My !@#$ing skills arnt in question. I would like a dollar for every driver that i have met that started out on the tools and through it all in because its all too much. how dare you bring my skills into question because i simply tried to point out to some that somtimes its not all as it seems and these blokes that are called pigs and lowlife are just as important to the transport game as we all are.. Every one of them has a story to tell, Granted it might not be as interesting or as captivating as some of the stories that i have read on this forum but never the less their lives are important and to me they and you all are the blood and guts of the road transport industry, Lets not judge ones fellow operator to harshly as you all know to others out there we are ALL lowlife cowboys..Sydney based drivers with big house and truck repayments take what they can and do what they have too, there is no picking and chooseing around here from what I have seen, that is no excuse for being a grott but do we have to carry on about it like a bunch of schoolgirls. But then again im fairly certain some of the blokes on here sit down to piss...

More
13 years 6 months ago #22717 by bigcam
Selby, it's a bit like giving someone the bird in the traffic isn't it mate? If you don't agree with what's been posted fair enough, but there isn't much profit to be made of carrying on like a porkchop mate. This is primarily an old truck forum for people who have an interest in that sort of thing. Some of us can just go to work to get thier dose of agro, and keep it cool afterwards, others don't take to much waving of a red flag to get them going. Personally, I can't see what everyone is getting worked up about, looks like there's been a pig driving that particular truck, there is plenty of people that don't do thier job to the full extent of their capability's. As long they don't hurt anyone else it's between thier boss and them isn't it?

13 years 6 months ago #22718 by
One of the most important things about this forum is to express personal opinions. These opinions may or may not be agreed by other members of the forum.

We must all understand and accept others differing opinions.

And the expectation working beyond the paid hours is not unique to a particular career path. Now a days nearly everyone who has pride and passion in what they do put in the extra yards needed to achieve what is needed.

13 years 6 months ago #22719 by
So im carrying on like a pork chop am I because I made a comment about other posts on this forum and was jumped on for my comments, I dont drive around flippin the bird.if Ive got a problem ill pull you over and tell ya. a pork fucken chop get fucked idiot and stick this forum up your fucking arse

More
13 years 6 months ago #22720 by Scummy
G,day fellas , i drive for a quarry company in and around the area of woollongong ,lithgow and newcastle . I drive in dirt riddin quarrys and all places dusty and dirty, and work from 4.00am up to 5.00pm and can manage to keep it clean . Most of my wakeing hours are spent in the cab so i keep it clean . The new style of drivers seem to think that its ok to drive around with both windas down and when you say some thing its , who cares ? Thats my two cents worth , cheers scummy .

Time to create page: 0.481 seconds