Skip to main content

current truckies behaviour explained

More
14 years 18 hours ago #22691 by atkipete
Whoever was driving that truck is a disgrace to the industry and I have had to get into plenty of cabins just like it. The fact that the cab is filthy and disorganised reflects his attitude.
Having said that,if you pay peanuts you get monkeys.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 12 hours ago #22692 by
Guys

If you ever breakdown on the side of the road and i come along and i have been working 12-14 hrs a day 7 days a week slashing grass you would not want to get in my cab.
In my busy time i donot have time to sit around and polish the dash and clean the truck.
The mess in my cab is neat and tidy and i know where everthing is, and yes after sucking on dust and fumes for 12-14 hours even the fly's wont come near me, but as i am the only one in the cab Does it matter!!!!.

Do i admire the drivers out their that have got the time to keep the truck spotless. YES I DO.
But the ones that put in the hard yards i also admire.
I am glad everybody is not the same as life would be boring.
Remember not every truck is a SHOW truck.

Trevor

More
14 years 10 hours ago #22693 by werkhorse
Have to agree with you SloMo my Sterling isn't the prettiest truck around and it certainly isn't the cleanest either........due to the fact that my job has me going flat out RTCing in town in a semi........driving through paddocks........through bush.......etc. On the odd occasion that I do get a break during the day it is usually just enough to slam down whatever is in my nosebag and ......as my fleet controller puts it........"Go like the wind".......doing this 6 days a week leaves the truck pretty dirty....inside and out........Sunday is my one day for the family.......thats why my truck is a werkhorse not a show pony.......altho it does clean up a treat when I get the chance.

Now I subby to a company that has the attitude of "It's all about image"..........thats ok for the company blokes, they only have to show up to get payed, but as a subby for me to make a little cream for my cake, I need to be busy hauling. I'd love to start at 6 am knock off at 4 pm and wash my truck inside and out for another 2 hours, but it just wont happen........the compant aint gunna pay me to sit there and wash my truck, RTA says I'm only allowed near it for 12 Hrs, 6 days a week so what real choice do I have...........have work/cash........or wash my truck.Altho I must say there is no need to have rubbish laying around in your cab......mine might have dirt n dust inside but I know there aint a health risk.

I have never had a complaint from any of my customers about the truck looking dirty.......BUT........I've had plenty of compliments about the fact that I get the job done with minimum fuss.

So I guess what I'm saying is .........that not all of us truckies travel the wide open highways in flash lookin rigs........some of us are the 'bread n butter' guys running around in not so flash rigs...........some have time on their hands..........some don't.

But that is still no excuse for all that rubbish in the cab......I have a small cardboard box that sits on the passengers floor that has a shopping bag layed out inside it (yes a new one each day) and all my rubbish goes in that untill I get to a bin.

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

More
14 years 8 hours ago #22694 by disco
Guy's , I'm not knocking the professional blokes who's trucks are dirty because of their jobs, sometimes mine does'nt get washed for weeks, we still have pride and a professional attitude, I'm knocking the drovers who have got a could'nt give a f@#$ attitude to the job or themselves, that gentlemen is where the problem starts and ends.

More
14 years 1 hour ago - 14 years 1 hour ago #22695 by HeyCharger
There is absolutely no explanation for this d!ckhead;
www.news.com.au/breaking-news/sydneys-m5...frfku0-1225864079315

Three warning systems, which include fixed signs and flashing lights, are in place to alert truckies whose vehicles exceed the tunnel's height restrictions

www.abc.net.au/reslib/201005/r562865_3417217.asx

Proud owner of;
1948 Massey Harris 44K.
1946 Ford Semi-Trailer Bus.
Last edit: 14 years 1 hour ago by HeyCharger.

More
14 years 1 hour ago #22696 by kennymopar2
shame he didnt tear out the roof at a RTa weighbridge instead ,, --- Quote
The RTA's director of operations Mike Veysey says it's "unbelievable" the driver was unaware his load was too large---
its amazing how the RTA director speaks out now ..remember a few weeks ago he was in hiding after THEIR big stuff up on the F3 during peak hour

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
14 years 1 hour ago #22697 by Swishy

Hey
Charger
GuddayM8

RE: no explanation for this d!ckhead
zaclee

Th@'z why all our trucks carry tape measures
Inxperience shows thru
can imagine how it happened
C@ xcav8rz look the same, but aint
I've carted a C@ 312 say 12 ton th@ the boom folded down to cab height
but nother same machine with long boom n dipper ( with out it being a Long Reach model) it was up about 4.6 m loaded on a 600mm lo deck float
so I'd be Guessing the drover said no need to measure height as I'v cartd one B 4 n this time got the long boom V:
If he twaz to stand back n take a looksee side on view he should b able to work out it twaz X meters higher than his truck cab

Ifn U get my drift

Jist my 2 cents worth of dribble ( tax free for mother s day)
;)
Cya
[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

13 years 11 months ago #22698 by
If driver turn up at our with a beer gut hanging over his shorts , blue singlet and his truck looked a mess and knew how to secure his load then thats great because there plenty out there who know nothing and there truck is so clean inside and out and they look like they just come from the beauty palour but if the load is not straight forward they sh#t themselves .

I know who I would use. Dave

More
13 years 11 months ago #22699 by cribotow
I bring your attention to the xxxx stubby in the console,what kind of human drinks that #$&% ;D....... no further evidence needed your honour!!...lock him away ;D

&&Grasp

13 years 11 months ago #22700 by
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D good one tow master . Dave

Time to create page: 0.528 seconds