Skip to main content

Fatigue.

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #250068 by V8Ian
Fatigue. was created by V8Ian
Is fatigue really a thing? Not according to Queensland TMR, unless they're fining a truck driver for driving an extra five or ten minutes. 
At the end of 2022, TMR (Qld) withdrew funding from Driver Reviver.
Driver Reviver is manned by volunteers, sponsored by Bushells and Arnotts and nationally coordinated by Victoria SES, on behalf of Driver Reviver (Australia), a not for profit organisation dedicated to preventing fatigue related crashes Australia wide.
All Queensland government supplied was the facility and electricity, to twenty sites that only opened during school holidays. One fine for a driver exceeding driver hours (minor breach), is more than enough to cover the annual cost of a site.
It would appear fatigue is only one of the fatal five, when it can be monetized.
What is the current fine in Queensland for a driver going over by ten minutes? 
The following user(s) said Thank You: asw120, wee-allis

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 months 2 weeks ago - 3 months 2 weeks ago #250069 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic Fatigue.
....and here was I, left home at 7.30 Friday morning,  had a one hour break around 5pm and finally got home 3.30am Saturday....perfectly legal. (burst water main flooded the lifts at a hotel on George St,  Brisbane about 6pm).
Obviously,  I was not driving all of that time, just working,  but a truck driver does not have to be driving the whole shift,  either to use hours.
Jarrod. 

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II
Last edit: 3 months 2 weeks ago by asw120.
The following user(s) said Thank You: V8Ian, wee-allis

More
3 months 2 weeks ago - 3 months 2 weeks ago #250072 by 77louie400
Replied by 77louie400 on topic Fatigue.
Um yes Fatigue, there was fatigue up to the mid 1990's, where there was often 6 or 8 hundred K's missing out of your weeks records so to speak and were not noticed or maybe in the second logbook somewhere out of sight. and then we have fatigue management that is the shit fight we have today.

There was a few lives lost in the early days and I think a fair bit of carnage today considering the gear on the road today and the enforcement applied, really net result "no change"
My only comment, the 1980's were up there with the best, road's were getting there, trucks were getting there, and the law enforcement was a bunch of six fingered retards, now I will just go back to what I was doing...
Last edit: 3 months 2 weeks ago by 77louie400.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 235mack, PaulFH, asw120

Time to create page: 0.391 seconds