Skip to main content

The Clean Truck Program!!!

More
13 years 5 months ago #37316 by Coupeute
Are some of the fuel rebates cut for trucks older than '95? Unless they have been repowered with a later model engine. I read somewhere, a bloke with an older fairlane could run that car, using less recources, than scrapping it, & buying a new car. The amount of petroleum based products used to make these new plastic cars must be huge. Recycling is a nice warm & fuzzy word, but how much energy does it take to recycle a car/truck, compared to what comes out the other end? The other problem is, modern stuff is not made to be here in 20 years plus.

AL110 inter ute &&FC Holden Wagon&&HJ Holden 1 Tonner&&

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
13 years 5 months ago #37317 by
Replied by on topic Re: The Clean Truck Program!!!
Yep 96 is the cutoff for the fuel rebate But if you jump through enough hoops there is ways around it.......

More
13 years 5 months ago #37318 by geoffb
Interesting in Coupeute comment about being GREEN no one mentions the cost of recycling. How do you dispose of the batteries as in a hybrid car. Or the cost to attain fresh water by by using heat to seperate the salt. :-/

More
13 years 5 months ago #37319 by tim
Replied by tim on topic Re: The Clean Truck Program!!!
Green power. How much fuel would be used from the time the item has been picked up, taken to the scrap yard by transport, crushed, shredded, transported to the ship, sent to China, smelted & reformed. Then transported back again as what ever steel product & then reused to make whatever over here. I feel that it takes a b lot more energy than if we were producing direct from the iron ore here in Aus. Thats my little rave for the night. You might gather that I believe we need to support our own manufacturing, but it gets hard when the local manufacturers but from overseas anyway. cya Tim ::)

1989 FORD F350 Lariat Crewcab Dually

Time to create page: 0.429 seconds