;D

Cya
[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #37908 by ianoz

Ian, there is an F7 at Rocklea wreckers, fairly complete, except the the grill headlights indicators etc are gone. I suppose they are the only parts you need?

Yes Big cam ,Exactly what we need .. I guess biting the bullet and paying through the nose is about the only way to get what we need .Something off a wrecked truck is going to be 25 years old and brittle ,and ready to break . Dam,new {!!???} trucks and plastic ..No worries with plastic in the B Model ,cause there is NONE ..

Question Bigcam , With tilt trays ,Is there an exemption for the lights on the back of the truck .Ours are 1200 or so from the back of the tray . The last machinery the hino went through i had to shift the rear lights from where they had always been 600 from the back of the body out of harms way ,to with in 300 of the back of the back . New laws >:(. With the tilt tray ,300 from the back of the tray would have them mangled in the dirt first time tray was tilted . Ian .

More
13 years 5 months ago #37909 by bigcam
No exemptions Ian, wait untill they tell you that you need a run under bar within 600 mm of the back of the tray as well, which is coming. 300mm is as far under as you can tuck the tail lights as well. I have modified one of the same sort of tilt's as yours before, made the tail lights hang off a seperate bar, and put nylon pads on it so the tray can slide past it, then 2 rods forward to the pivot piont to locate it. If that has got you confused, I'll do a little sketch when I get a chance and take a pic of it. See ya, Cam.

More
13 years 5 months ago #37910 by paul404
Hi ian, on the old flexihire mack tiltray it didn't have flaps, just C section which the lights were mounted in to. used to break the odd lens but not too many. you dont really need the flaps unless your dragging containers on or gensets. I think we made a couple of small ramps for the back of it and kept them in the tool box

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #37911 by ianoz

No exemptions Ian, wait untill they tell you that you need a run under bar within 600 mm of the back of the tray as well, which is coming. 300mm is as far under as you can tuck the tail lights as well. I have modified one of the same sort of tilt's as yours before, made the tail lights hang off a seperate bar, and put nylon pads on it so the tray can slide past it, then 2 rods forward to the pivot piont to locate it. If that has got you confused, I'll do a little sketch when I get a chance and take a pic of it. See ya, Cam.

Big cam and paul , Had a look when i got home this afternoon.,and sort of come up with a cunning plan . Hinge them to fold up flat under the floor .
Paul this body has box section accross the back , not channel unfortunately . Ian .
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by ianoz.

Time to create page: 0.465 seconds