Skip to main content

New CAT truck

More
12 years 11 months ago #51422 by farmer phill
Replied by farmer phill on topic Re: New CAT truck
ok so what do these trucks weigh? compared to all the others?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #51423 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic Re: New CAT truck

ok so what do these trucks weigh? compared to all the others?

Phil,
The CT610 is essentially an International 7600, with a differnt bonnet & a fugly aero kit. HAve a look at iveco's website, it should have a 7600 spec sheet.

Or try Westrac's website pretty sure you can follow the links to "on highway trucks" they have spec sheets as well.

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
12 years 11 months ago #51424 by craigs
Replied by craigs on topic Re: New CAT truck
Going along the ring road last friday and that area is now one big construction site.

More
12 years 11 months ago #51425 by atkipete
Replied by atkipete on topic Re: New CAT truck
Specs are here see australia.cat.com/cda/files/2446764/7/Ca...CT610+Spec+Sheet.PDF
There are basically two systems now in used to meet the 2011 emission rules adblue and EGR ( the setup that Fuller spoke about above)
The Adblue people say their trucks get better MPG which makes up for the cost of the stuff but the EGR people say their system is simpler and you dont have the hassle of filling and extra tank.
Interested to hear how this is working out in practice,

More
12 years 11 months ago #51426 by Simmo_24
Replied by Simmo_24 on topic Re: New CAT truck
Dont forget DPF (diesel particulate filter) i know with our new DD13 and DD15 engines, this is all that is required for us to meet new ADR emissions along with EGR technologies. I heard that CAT had to have almost 500 trucks built before 1 Jan 2011 and complied in order to have them registered to meet 2010 ADR's

I drive passed CAT Laverton everyday and just seems that those trucks are never moving, or they cleverly change them around after hours to make them look like they have plenty of stock ;)

oh wait they have 500 :)

More
12 years 11 months ago #51427 by TC
Replied by TC on topic Re: New CAT truck
Coats Rotary valve head ????tell me more please??TC

• Topic Author
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #51428 by
Replied by on topic Re: New CAT truck
TC - As far as I'm concerned, the Coates Spherical Rotary Valve is the greatest invention since sliced bread. It's not a prototype, it's a tested and proven arrangement, that is being put into production.

The poppet valve has been with us for 120 years, and has not been improved one iota in all that time. The first thing to fail in any engine is valve sealing, and poppet valves lose efficiency within 20,000kms from new.

The Coates rotary valve is the next dynamic step in engine evolution, and it is needed, right now .. but engine and car manufacturers will NOT introduce it .. because they have vested interests in making sure they keep producing crappy old poppet valves, that keep their business of parts replacement, extremely profitable .. >:(

www.coatesengine.com/csrv.html

"The Coates Spherical Rotary Valve Engine is the most advanced in the world, with the most positive valving system ever built. The breathing capabilities of the system are almost double that of a poppet valve. For instance: a static test of a five-litre poppet valve engine on an airflow machine produced a reading of 133 cubic feet per minute (CFM) with valve fully opened.
The five-litre Coates Spherical Rotary Valve Engine on the same machine, however, produced a reading of 319 CFMs fully opened; a colossal advantage in airflow comparison.

A five-litre poppet valve engine tested on a dynamometer under the same loads and conditions at 5500 produced 480 BHP and 454 foot pounds of torque. The maximum RPMs on the poppet valve engine were 5700 RPMs; the Spherical Rotary Valve Engine in comparison reached 14,850 RPM's.

The Coates Spherical Rotary Valve comprises two spherical rotary valves assembled on two separate shafts - one for inlet and one for exhaust. They rotate on ceramic carbon bearing with no oil lubrication, the spheres do not make contact with any part of the housing.
The seals are a floating type and are also made of a ceramic material. They have two piston rings and are floating in a small cylinder-type chamber, they are activated by the compression and the combustion strokes of the engine which allows 100 percent sealing effectiveness, when compressed.

Because the valves rotate away from the combustion chamber and are vented and charged on the opposite side of each sphere, this creates a lower combustion chamber temperature, allowing for higher compression ratios to be used thus creating an extremely efficient engine.
Some of the Coates Spherical Rotary Combustion Engines are at 12:1, 13:1, 14:1 and 15:1 compression ratios, depending on the application."

More
12 years 11 months ago #51429 by TC
Replied by TC on topic Re: New CAT truck
Thanks Onetrack I am a student of funny engines & i work with another groupe on another secret racing 2 stroke site I pasted the link there just to see what reaction I get as it says 2 & 4 stroke apllications.
Thanks mate :D ;D

More
12 years 10 months ago #51430 by KingPin
Replied by KingPin on topic Re: New CAT truck
saw one stop on the side of the road with the bonet up

More
12 years 8 months ago #51431 by whiteline_redline
Replied by whiteline_redline on topic Re: New CAT truck
CAT sees SCR as a big waste of money, i also got told that the cabs are PKD (Particially knocked down) like the Vals of old and reassembled in Melbourne. apparently they sell like hotcakes in the US, have a pic on the puta of a bright burnt orange one going to GKR over here in perth, a very pretty truck, very plain however. think it'd appeal more to the fleet buyers myself, and i think that's wot CAT were aiming for. Kenworth on the other hand....have it by the scruff of the neck in the 'customised factory' option list. CAT can't compete, so they wont. still pissed off CAT got out of on-highway trucks, would like to get a KW/CAT truck thats not at least had a mil on it and nearly 80yrs old.

gunna own me a Bicent some day...

Time to create page: 0.482 seconds