• Swishy
  • Topic Author
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
12 years 7 months ago #63669 by Swishy
More C@ Trucks was created by Swishy

Would U beleive a Cat COE

jist lifted this off the NET

NC2 Joint Venture Becomes a Navistar Subsidiary; Cat Vocational COE for Overseas Being Developed
Caterpillar Inc. and Navistar International will restructure aspects of their NC2 joint venture, making it a wholly owned subsidiary of Navistar. The companies meanwhile are developing a cab-over-engine vocational truck to be sold overseas.

The two companies formed NC2 in 2008 to develop and market the first Cat-branded on-road trucks outside North America. In a new brand licensing agreement, both International- and Cat-branded trucks will be distributed through respective dealers outside of the U.S. A separate operation developed the CT660 on/off-road vocational truck for North America.

"This next phase will move the relationship to a structure and business model that will be similar to the business relationship we have with Navistar for our North American vocational trucks," said George Taylor, director of Caterpillar's Global On-Highway Truck Group. North American Cat vocational trucks are produced in Navistar facilities under a branding alliance.

"As we have looked at the success of the Cat vocational truck launch in North America, we believe that a similar business model for commercial trucks for the rest of the world makes the most sense for our customers."

In addition to the current CT660 conventional-cab vocational trucks for North American customers, Caterpillar and Navistar will develop a new, cab-over-engine Cat vocational truck that would be sold globally under a new, nonbinding memorandum of understanding. The COE truck will be called the CT650, Taylor said.
"This new relationship streamlines the organization and will help us move faster and more efficiently," said Phil Christman, NC2's president. "Customers and dealers in the global markets where NC2 has established distribution will build on their early successes with no interruption and with the added benefit of getting products sooner."
The Caterpillar-Navistar business relationship has evolved over many decades. In addition to the truck business, Cat currently provides remanufacturing services to Navistar and is also a key supplier of engine components for certain Navistar engines. Navistar currently supplies engines to Cat for certain power generation and marine applications.

WotSayU?

Cya
[ch9786]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #63670 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic Re: More C@ Trucks
Is it just Me?

Or in amongst ALL that PR crap, Cat are bailing out.Leaving International holding the baby.. :-/ :-/

Gunna make ALL those truck on the ring road, even harder to sell :o :o

Or am I just a cynic :-?

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

12 years 7 months ago #63671 by
Replied by on topic Re: More C@ Trucks
g'dday all a vocational truck in a lot of ways usually means a garbage, municipal, urban style of jigger. my guess is it's just a toe in the (shark infested) water!

cheers

12 years 4 months ago #63672 by
A little birdy has informed me, that a decision to cease manufacturing Cat trucks at Tullamarine, and to revert to assembly in Texas USA .. means that 100 jobs are to go at Caterpillar Tullamarine, very shortly.
I also understand that there is still a massive oversupply of new Cat trucks sitting on the grass at Tullamarine.

Not only will Cat truck dealers now have to deal with trying to sell 2011-plated new trucks in 2012 (obviously at a steep discount) .. but those 2011-production trucks will apparently not be compliant with any 2012 truck regulations, in any country, other than Australia, in 2012.
This means that all these trucks will have to be sold into the Australian market, as they cannot be exported. After the end of 2012, these trucks will be non-compliant in Australia as well.

What I find amazing, is that nowhere is this news to be found, in any press-release .. on any Cat, Navistar, or NC2 website .. or in any publication of those groups.
The only independent publication that has apparently carried this "bad news" article, is the Courier-Mail, dated Saturday, 24th December 2011.

More
12 years 4 months ago #63673 by greenie
Replied by greenie on topic Re: More C@ Trucks
Here's what's in Saturday's Brisbane Courier Mail.
It appears that they have heaps of 2010 plated vehicles left sitting on the grass and the production of these 'badge engineered hybrids' will now be made in the states.

Sorry about the scan, it's from the paper.

regards greenie [smiley=vrolijk_1.gif]

More
12 years 4 months ago #63674 by atkipete
Replied by atkipete on topic Re: More C@ Trucks
The ones they are selling now were assembled late 2010 at Tullamarine and I expect they would be discounted accordingly in 2012. ... Also to note is that they got ADR80/03 approval for their C15 engine recently and are working on getting the C13 passed. This means we might see new models introduced albeit imported ones. Apparently they wont sell engines to other truck manufacturers so if you want a yellow engine you have to buy one of their trucks.

More
12 years 4 months ago #63675 by kenny-mopar
Replied by kenny-mopar on topic Re: More C@ Trucks
sounds like cat trucks in OZ are selling as good as the leyland P76 back in the day

12 years 4 months ago #63676 by
i, for one, cannot believe the capital that has been tied up in these things since at least mid 2010 at tulla ..and can someone tell me how on earth are you supposed to move 2010 complianced trucks in in the year 2012?....in a depressed market etc etc........

More
12 years 4 months ago #63677 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic Re: More C@ Trucks

i, for one, cannot believe the capital that has been tied up in these things since at least mid 2010 at tulla ..and can someone tell me how on earth are you supposed to move 2010 complianced trucks in in the year 2012?....in a depressed market etc etc........

Couldn't agree more, Detective,
The whole thing has being a marketing PR ballsup, from the word GO.
They must of thought that people would come flocking to their Door & pay a Big premium for 'em.
You would've thought they would put tippers on the little ones sell them as "packages" with bobcats/ Mini excavtors Ect Put floats on the bigger one & sell package deals with Bulldozers /excavators .
There's dozens of ways they could've shifted those things by now IMO

How's anybody going to get Finance approved on 2 yr old Obslete NEW trucks, in the current Global economic climate :'(
The whole episode borders on farcical..........

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

12 years 4 months ago #63678 by
you should be a truck salesman hayseed!!...how brilliant is that idea??

cheers

Time to create page: 0.565 seconds