Skip to main content

Training needed, how to get in and out of truck.

More
11 years 4 months ago #101741 by .RC.
Well at the local wharf the #2 in charge had to write up a written procedure on how to start one of those little 5kVa generators....

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
11 years 4 months ago #101742 by Swishy
Arse C
Hope 4 your benefit nun of the words used in sed write up were more than 4 letter words or U'd never ubderstand m
LOL
;D

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
11 years 4 months ago #101743 by .RC.
acshully swish, day sed day only used 3 letter werds so melbun truk drivers cud udderstand dem....

:D:D

More
11 years 4 months ago #101744 by mercskeepmeinajob
In Brisbane we have had in the past about 3 or 4 bus drivers fall out of Tow Trucks, unfortunately they also trip getting on the buses too, only one step and 300mm at that.
Hate to see any of them getting in a K104! :o

Bus drivers are told to maintain 2 points of contact when entering a bus, on the Barnes Towing trucks they require 3 points of contact, Bus drivers seem to think the 3rd point is some part of their upper body on the ground.

Regarding training and other things I remember 1 guy i knew reckoned even in the army reserves you had to have a ticket to operate even a film projector.

More
11 years 4 months ago #101745 by Snaws2
We now have a system in place on our fleet where the horn on the truck sounds if you open the door with applying the park brake....

We also have the enter exit stickers on each truck.
Snaws

1952 Austin Loadstar&&&&Outside of a dog

More
11 years 4 months ago #101746 by mercskeepmeinajob
Yeah a lot of garbage trucks have that feature as well, of the horn to doorlight connection if handbrake not applied (was damned annoying in my job on a dyno)

The drivers were having to chase the trucks around after exiting the cab and obviously weren't as fit as the old days when they used to chase the bins around.

More
11 years 3 months ago #101747 by FatBob103
The combination of greedy lawyers and anally retentive safety people are going to bankrupt this country with their efforts.

Life is to short to drink cheap wine.  On the other hand I plan to live forever - So far so goo

Time to create page: 0.467 seconds