10 years 11 months ago #117544 by
Farmliner was created by
Seen this in my travels

LN 700 :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago #117545 by QLD Road Boss
Replied by QLD Road Boss on topic Re: Farmliner
Can't imagine what that one is supposed to be doing LN700. I have been cane farming all my life and never seen that..?? Farmliner made these tractors as high clearance machines to do spraying with, over cane and probably other crops. They worked reasonably well compared to what else was available at the time, nothing, around the late 80s early 90s.... They could not get enough strength into the front and rear axels to stop them spreading apart... I suspect that the owner of this machine does not use it for high clearance work now as he has put the bracing across the front and rear axels. Upon studying the pic I will make a guess at it's purpose; I believe that it could have been found around southern Qld northern NSW, and was used for levelling the tops of the cane transport bins as they are pulled up onto multi lift trailers and transported to the mill by truck. The issue being that in filling the trailers the haulout operator unless experienced will overfill some parts of the bin and that will lead to the occasional billet falling off. This machine would come alongside the bins, notice the rollers on the frame at the top, the paddle arrangement would swing around to the side and rotate probably backwards as to sweep the cane forward of itself and level to top, you can also see a hyd ram between the rear wheels of the tractor this would be the height adjustment, and with the height of the tractor the operator would have a great view to ensure that no billets are likely to fall off in transit... The sugar industry still has an exemption with regard to covering the loads, I believe that it has not long before it will be mandatory to cover the loads for any number of reasons, all coming back to individuals not caring about what happens. I would not be happy to see a cane billet heading my way at 200km/p/h .. I'd be reasonably sure that it would not stop at my windscreen. Any way there you go that is my guess I hope that helps.....???? Cya Neil. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) 8-)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.402 seconds