Skip to main content

Flat Head

More
10 years 6 months ago #128834 by Albion
Replied by Albion on topic Re: Flat Head
Hi to you motu,
Thanks for the info such a great motor.
What year did ford change from the crab dizzy?

Hi also to lantana jack, that first link to the tractor like wow it really got cracking mate and a beautiful sound. Love it want one but with all the finned heads and maybe a blower on top.lol. :o

Hey to you as well, loosley.
the blue tractor seems newer model than other do you know if its a ford or just ford powered.
The grey one got ford signage so fare bet its a ford Do you know what year they both could be?
Cheers [smiley=beer.gif]
alby

sure as the sunrise

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 6 months ago #128835 by
Replied by on topic Re: Flat Head
Good day Alby,
Don't know much and know less about tractors I can tell
that the grey ford is an 8n. they were made in the late 1940's early 1950's
the blue one I don't know age or model.I hope some of the tractor boy's and gal's can help.

I know that this one is not v8 powered but I spent a lot of hours on this Fordson after school, school holidays and before I got my license.

Loosley. :) ;)

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #128836 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: Flat Head
Alby, the 8BA I think was the last of them introduced very late 40's?
Haven't you got something in a shed near you with the crab distributor?
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by bigcam.

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #128837 by indianman
Replied by indianman on topic Re: Flat Head
G'day Alby the blue one is a Fordson Dexta and the grey one a Ford 8 or 9n as far as I know neither of them were a factory fit with the flathead, I have heard of a few early masseys that where fitted with them ( tea20) but they are super rare I believe the numbers where under 10 as prototypes.
Loosley I rckon yours is a Fordson power major would have been good exercise steering it with a load :D :D

Jon
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by indianman.

More
10 years 6 months ago #128838 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Re: Flat Head
I think there was a kit to fit flat head fords to grey Fergies back in the day. I have seen a couple at rallies over the years. And I as m not referring to the one Lou built in Echuca. It had a worked holden V8 snd was a great show pony but not so good in the psddock. It needed too many revs to get moving and would rear up without anything on the back.

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

Time to create page: 0.562 seconds