Skip to main content

harman crane.

More
7 years 9 hours ago #181933 by JOHN.K.
harman crane. was created by JOHN.K.
I had a strange incident with the old Harman .Picked up an old machine(was collectable,now scrap),about 5 ton,and suddenly the load fell ,followed by the block,which is about 100kg.The funny thing was that about five seconds later there was a terrific crash on the roof of the crane.I couldnt see anything,but the bail from the boom was missing,so the wire rope must have pulled thru it.I didnt have any other fittings with me ,so i had to find the bail.It was about 10metres from the crane so it must have bounced pretty hard when it hit.The wire must have whipped it like a slingshot.Anyway,I did the bolts up a bit tighter and and fitted a couple of grips as well.Regards John.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #182053 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic harman crane.
Wheres all the Harman crane owners.Surely someone must have one.The old islami next to my yard is keen on it.He says"I giving $500 for it.Very generous,you cant refuse ."I tell him that after the council go thru him for his illegal wrecking yard,he wont have 500.No problem council,I get money start yard from council.Islamic council,not Brisbane City Council.There about a dozen complaints in about the cars etc,but it appears the BCC,arent real interested.I wont be complaining ,if he gets away with it ,it increases the value of my land.Anyhoo,the ammount of oil leaks from the crane ,I might be the one in trouble.

More
6 years 11 months ago #182056 by 600Dodge
Replied by 600Dodge on topic harman crane.
Just give it to him and hope next time it breaks it falls on a heap of his terrorist mates, problem solved.

More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #182065 by wouldyou
Replied by wouldyou on topic harman crane.

Here it rests.
Lowering Chamberlain rear end loader, rusty brake grabbed, should have used hoist lever.
Set up as dragline, 3/71 GM, 23 tons.
David.
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by wouldyou.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JOHN.K.

More
6 years 11 months ago #182066 by JOHN.K.
Thats a very late 25E.A very nice crane.Are you the lucky owner?The boom is easily fixed,mine has been collapsed several times.A couple of lengths of angle ,cut out the kinked bits,straighten the rest,weld ,good as new.Do you know the serial no?Must be near 400,near the end of the line.Ive had mine for 30 years,and will never sell it.At least yours seems to be far away from the scrappies.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #182068 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic harman crane.
Would U
Gr8 Pix
Keep m cum n

Looks a l8 model in wot eye call a half cab

Screemer powered Harman 25E Backactor on the move

Harman 25E Rigged as a dragline (wait n n wait n for the boom hoist to power down)

L8r Harman got tangled up with Lansverk n Kokum

[img

Clikty ........................................................... ClikClikClik

[img

Clikity .......................................................... ClikClikClik

Cya

ยง

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Swishy.

More
6 years 11 months ago #182071 by atkipete
Replied by atkipete on topic harman crane.
The one is Swishy's video is now at Melbourne Steam Club.

More
6 years 11 months ago #182073 by wouldyou

Mod 25E serial no HAR320.
Gold mining at Meekatharra, would dig on the level, once down a bit blasting was needed.
Should fix it, your comments have stirred me.
Thanks for Utubes Swishy.
David.
Attachments:

More
6 years 11 months ago #182075 by wouldyou

Arrival at camp 1984
Attachments:

More
6 years 11 months ago #182076 by JOHN.K.
I see you carry it with the tracks across the float.This was done both on rail and by the Vic rivers and wsc.on the road.Its actually a bit earlier than mine,No341.Must have been a special order cab.I previously had No48,made 1943 with a Cat d4400 motor.The early ones were a bit deadly,the wire could get caught in the first shaft,and haul the boom back thru the cab with great force and speed.Everytime the price of scrap goes up,more old cranes disappear.Im not a scrappy,I just clean up the yard whenever the price goes up.Or I get a notice from the council.I still havent had much success researching company history,looks like ill have to visit the museum in person.On the Harman front,by 1962 there were around 15 grandchildren in the picture,and selling the business to Kockums was a smart move,with hydraulic excavators just around the corner.

Time to create page: 0.509 seconds