Skip to main content

Late 1950s Inter B2275

More
2 years 10 months ago - 2 years 10 months ago #222743 by Boggy
Late 1950s Inter B2275 was created by Boggy
I picked this up about 6 months ago. I have slowly been replacing hoses and rams as I need to do some serious driveway construction around the place. It runs really well and hydraulics seem to be its only problem

Yes. It appears to be broken.
Attachments:
Last edit: 2 years 10 months ago by Boggy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, PaulFH

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 10 months ago #222751 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Late 1950s Inter B2275
Unfortunately hydraulics are a important part of that machine

Is it just leaks or other issues as well?

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
2 years 10 months ago #222756 by Sarge
Replied by Sarge on topic Late 1950s Inter B2275
Has that got an hydraulic pump on the front running off the end of the crank? And have you done full hydro oil change and filters? I am a cheat and try to use what is there, but get caught because water in the oil won't pump and blocked filters won't let oil into the pump....

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

More
2 years 10 months ago #222763 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic Late 1950s Inter B2275
I like your beaut little back hoe and it looks as if all the movements are done with rams and no slew motors to worry about.
As suggested a full oil change in the hydraulics along with any and all filters. Check the pressure at your control valves chest for the levers and if it is low you may need a pump or there is a blockage in the lines or valves.
Get your hydraulics sorted and it will serve you well then any worn bushes in the pivot points can be done at your liesure.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Boggy

More
2 years 10 months ago #222770 by mammoth
Replied by mammoth on topic Late 1950s Inter B2275
Griffiths Traders at Wauchope NSW are the go to place for old backhoe spares.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Boggy

More
2 years 10 months ago #222773 by Boggy
Replied by Boggy on topic Late 1950s Inter B2275
So far I have done a fluid change, replaced seals in the lift rams for the bucket, the tilt rams were rusty and are having the shafts and seals done as we speak. I need to replace a few more hoses on the back hoe and 3 shafts. The hydraulics for the 4 way bucket have long since been removed and I need to cut up a much larger bucket that I have sitting around to replace the rusty one. While I am at it I will do the bushes in the bucket pivots. The hoe needs a few bushes too but they can wait for now. Slew rams are a bit battered but they can wait too. The rear leg rams leak but they will continue to do that for a while.
Oil system flush and clean was one of the first jobs I did because some clown had been using sump oil as a cheap replacement for the oil. I have also replaced gauges and the forward seat.
It starts first time every time so I added a fuel pre filter under the tank and removed the glass bowl that was located down by the front wheel. I push a fair bit of wattle and that bowl looked like it was asking to be hit by a stick.
Thanks for the tip on Griffiths Traders. I will look them up.
The charging system is toast but I just sit a 100w solar panel on the bonnet when ts parked.
Once the hydro and bushes are sorted out I plan to rewire it and put some LED work lights on the booms, tighten the steering up a bit with ball joints etc. Fix the leaky seam in the radiator and drive the wheels off it lol

The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, ianoz, Mrsmackpaul

More
2 years 10 months ago #222812 by cobbadog
What a brilliant game plan and it will come together soon enough. A few oil leaks here and there can be classed as weed control. Worn bushes are something ou can live with but it does make life easier without all that slack.
I tried to buy some parts from Griffiths Traders who are just up the road from us for Dee's little grey fergy when she had it but they did not want to go down the yard to have a look. So it maybe the case of who you get to talk to.

More
2 years 9 months ago #222825 by mammoth
Replied by mammoth on topic Late 1950s Inter B2275
4 in 1 bucket may not be worth the effort if you have a good standard bucket ready to substitute. For road building put a grader blade on the heal of the standard bucket and it is amazing how well "back blading" is at leveling new material.

More
2 years 9 months ago #222826 by Boggy
Replied by Boggy on topic Late 1950s Inter B2275
The bucket I am cutting up is about 2.3m wide. I intend to cut it down to about 1150mm to fit into my little tandem trailer for easy unloading of firewood and blue stone etc. I also have the grader blade here to put on the lip. The left over bucket will allow me to make a trenching bucket for the back hoe and have a bit spare for a mud bucket in the future. I have a dam that is quite silted but I will only be able to de silt a limited distance into the dam with the back hoe. I guess any de silting is good de silting . When I eventually pay someone to dig it out properly I may have a fair bit of silt already out.

More
2 years 9 months ago #222838 by cobbadog
Sounds like a good plan for the straight bucket to unload the trailer and use the offcut for a rear bucket. If you did not hav e to cut it down a wide front bucket makes life so much better for when doing road building as the winrows that form on each side of the bucket work b est if they are wider apart than the rear wheels so they dont lift up and tilt the front bucket.

Time to create page: 0.577 seconds