Skip to main content

Grey Fergy

More
2 years 6 months ago #226871 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Grey Fergy
Paul

I have been going out with a back pack sprayer and Roundup for a couple of years and have a huge improvement but you start to walk around in circles on 10 acres trotting from clump to clump and miss lots. Short of laying ropes out to keep a line I will just continue to be like a bee in a bottle. Maybe I could put dye in the Roundup to keep track?

Lang
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 6 months ago #226874 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic Grey Fergy

Maybe I could put dye in the Roundup to keep track?

Lang

www.bunnings.com.au/yates-500ml-liquid-e..._p2961585?store=7356

https://media.prod.bunnings.com.au/api/public/content/b76f71be626a481f89b2de999633c3b1?v=5daab86e&t=w500dpr1

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lang

More
2 years 6 months ago #226876 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Grey Fergy
Depending on what your trying to get rid of selective herbicides are the go

Or red eye or the equivalent as Seed has suggested

Mic the die right and it only lasts a few days

Also add plenty of wetter and and the plant takes it up much better and rain eont affect it after 2 0 minutes or so

But my money is Roundup PowerMax, mix it right and it does a better job than the rest combined

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Lang

More
2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #226879 by Lang
Apart from various woody leaf bushy things there is Rats Tail and heavy clumping Paspalum? type grass that you can hear slowing even the big slasher on the FIAT. Problem is, particularly with the Rats Tail the Council own the area adjoining to the rear as "Wetland Buffer Zone" and everything grows there and comes into our area.

This is made worse by the cattle which operate there under a grazing lease - the same ones who are keeping our area mowed at the moment (and wrecking my garden) who carry everything in on their feet plus deposit clumps of nicely fertilised seeds. Never ending spraying job.

Lang
Last edit: 2 years 6 months ago by Lang.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
2 years 6 months ago #226882 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic Grey Fergy
Get a 60l plastic drum,a $20 electric 12v pump off ebay ,hook up whatever spray handpiece youve got now ,and do the whole paddock in an hour or so off the tractor..........I use a dumpy to cart around the tank of roundup.........I also put a pinch of Associate in the spray.......but had a few worrying weeks when some spray blew over the neighbours fruit trees on the fenceline.......they survived.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Lang

More
2 years 6 months ago #227266 by Lang
Had a funny experience on Sunday.

One of Bev's friends has a husband who has loved tractors since a boy. He has books on them and lots of models etc but he has never driven one!

His wife put it on Bev to give him a drive of a tractor for his 70th birthday. I sent him the workshop and owners manual on the Fergy to "study up on" as a joke.

Anyhow the big day came and he arrived with his wife. He seriously told me he had spent about 5 hours during the previous week studying the manuals - maybe he expected an exam? He had gone out and had a Ferguson logo embroided on a cap to look the part. Last time I have seen anyone so excited was when I took my 5 year old daughter to the zoo for the first time.

Anyhow I got him on the tractor and giving him the same briefing a 747 pilot would get when being introduced to new equipment pointed out the vast range of instruments and the complicated switch panel of a key and a button. He was expecting about 10 minutes driving around in circles.

The neighbour still had a 3 acre section with very long grass so I walked beside him to that area and set him off slashing. As it was wet the poor old Fergy was struggling and could just maintain 2nd gear. After pointing out that he should cut the paddock by going around in ever decreasing circles instead of making 180 deg turns like a woman mowing the lawn at the end of each row and adding about 25% to time and distance his grin almost split his face.

I went back to work in the shed and 4 hours later heard the Fergy putting up and looked out to see this exhausted character slumped behind the wheel. I think the novelty had worn off.

He perked up for the photos and I am happy I put a ray of sunshine into somebody's life.

Lang
The following user(s) said Thank You: allan, 180wannabe, cobbadog, Mrsmackpaul, overlander, PaulFH, V8Ian, wee-allis, oliver1950

More
2 years 6 months ago #227267 by V8Ian
Replied by V8Ian on topic Grey Fergy
Good on you Lang, that's probably the best birthday present he's had, in his seventy years.

More
2 years 6 months ago #227268 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Grey Fergy
I reckon the most enjoyment I ever get is making other people smil, sounds like you did that in bucket loads Lang

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
2 years 6 months ago #227270 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic Grey Fergy
The biggest smile I have ever seen was on oliver1950 face when he dragged a Lanz Bulldog backwards across the Macksville Showground with his big Oliver tractor. If there wasn't a fence at the northern end of the Showground he would not have stopped until he got to Brisbane.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: oliver1950

Time to create page: 0.526 seconds