Skip to main content

V10 MTU

13 years 11 months ago #23411 by
Replied by on topic Re: V10 MTU
Yeah the whole worlds made out of the crap!!!What are we supposed to do "hold our breath" ;D

MDF must be as bad and is a lot newer material.I was recently inducted onto a construction site and as part of the induction were told that all MDF had to be cut offsite.What a joke.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #23412 by ray
Replied by ray on topic Re: V10 MTU
Time for another update. Well, I think the Government and the Army have put me in the too hard basket and have now chosen to ignore me, as I have had no replies for a couple of weeks. What I do find contradictory is the fact I cannot get an engine to display, but you can walk into the Army Museum in Bandiana and guess what is sitting there for the public to look at. Buggered if I know what the difference is. :-/ Anyway at least I got a pic of one.

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #23413 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Re: V10 MTU

Buggered if I know what the difference is. :-/

The difference is the one in the Museum probably did not pass over the disposal officers desk so he/she didn't know to create a fuss about it ;D

Now if you had photographed all 4 sides and had the photos blown up really realy big you could have stuck them together and hung them under the straddle truck :o

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by bparo.

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #23414 by ray
Geez Bparo, I never thought of that. You should have told me earlier. SWMBO suggested I make one out of Lego!
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by ray.

More
13 years 9 months ago #23415 by ray
Well, I am coming to the conclusion that it is almost time to give up on ever seeing one of these engines in my backyard. I reckon I have emailed almost everyone involved in destroying these engines, even got bored one night and sent one to Julia. I think one of the worst aspects is that we pay these buggers wages and they don't even bother getting back to you. In saying that, I must say that Greg Combet is the only one so far to reply even if it was in the negative. Might have to trawl around and find some-one else to annoy.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
13 years 9 months ago #23416 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: V10 MTU

Ray
GuddayM8

I migbt B rong (again)
But me thinks the long hared old lout th@ gets tanked up @ Narre Warren Nth known to hoon around
May have a new V10 in his possession

Well he did sho me a new donk n I thort he said twaz for a Leopard

ButEyeDoSt&2BCorrected!

LOL

cya

[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
13 years 9 months ago #23417 by ray
G'day Swish, you were right, our long haired lout does indeed have one but he managed to get it at auction before some shiny bum put a stop to it. Mind you, the army is refusing to give him any help in getting it running. My latest reply (yesterday) is that the Government is in caretaker mode because of the impending election but someone will get back to me. I'm not holding my breath.

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #23418 by ray
I suppose this is the end of my saga in trying to get hold of one of these engines. I just received an email from the Dept of Defence saying that under no circumstances can I get an engine. They say that there is a possibility that the engine gaskets may contain asbestos even though MTU state otherwise. I am led to believe that the tanks going to RSLs' have the engine removed and it is then run on a dyno without oil or water until it seizes and is then replaced. As for the V6 GM's from the APC's, these cannot be sold and are being sent to the shredder. Regarding the engine in the Army Museum, because it has not been "gifted or sold" it is ok to have it on display even though it has asbestos in it. Our taxes at work! Who says Governments aren't stupid.
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by ray.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
13 years 8 months ago #23419 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: V10 MTU

Ray
GuddayM8

RE: Our taxes at work! Who says Governments aren't stupid.

Zaclee
n all the politicianz R tared with the same brush
n they xpect us to vote 4 m
Wot a Joke
LOL
Cya
[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
13 years 8 months ago #23420 by Old AB
Replied by Old AB on topic Re: V10 MTU
Wouldnt it be great if there was someone in power in the government that had some comon cense. I wouldnt mind voting then. But i dont think there are any pollys that worry about any one other than there selves..

Keep old inters alive.

Time to create page: 0.573 seconds